Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suns Hire Lindsay Hunter As Interim Head Coach

Phoenix Suns pick Lindsey Hunter as interim coach - Yahoo! Sports

I think Dan Majerle would have made a better choice.

PHOENIX (AP) -- The Phoenix Suns have turned to a man with 17 years of experience as an NBA player, but none as a coach, to take over the flagging team that hasn't been this bad halfway through a season in a quarter century.

Lindsey Hunter, the team's player development director, was picked as its interim coach Sunday, two days after the Suns and Alvin Gentry parted ways in what the organization said was a mutual agreement.

Hunter got the nod over more experienced options - assistant coaches Elston Turner, Dan Majerle and Igor Kokoskov.

''I think the simple answer is that the organization needed a jolt,'' general manager Lance Blanks said. ''We needed something that would shock the system of us, the players, and risk trumps safety in this business. We felt this was the right person to take the risk on.''

Hunter, 40, is the coach for the remaining 41 games of the season.

After that, Blanks said, ''we'll open things back up and at that time select the best candidate, which may or may not be Lindsey.''

Thunder Dan would have been the BEST choice!
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
    X