2012-13 SP Authentic Basketball Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012-13 SP Authentic Basketball Cards

Sorry for interrupting the daily talks about basketball, but I need some help.

As a kid I used to collect cards and wasn't in it for anything really just liked having them. Now as a college student I want to get back into it to make money and to get prize pieces that may be worth a lot of money some day. My hard earn money that I have been saving in the bank hasn't been accuring enough interest for my liking, so I was looking into the 2012-13 Sp Authentic Basketball Card 6 Box case for $645 and plan to only keep the big hits that come out of it as an investment and selling the rest on ebay to break about even. I did the math and if I kept all of the big hits that came out of this which would be 18 cards (hypothetically speaking all the 18 autograph cards were all big hits) I would still be selling off all the cards at a minimum of 92 cents to break even. I plan to first try to sell them for $2 each to see if I can double my money. Then go to $0.99 starting bid. My question is does it sound like a good idea? I am just looking for an opinion because I don't know the card world that well. The only thing I'm afraid of is that they won't sell. My whole plan is to use the money I make to keep buying more and more hobby boxes down the road.

Also would love an opinions on other boxes I should get besides these ones!

Comment

Since Upperdeck lost the NBA license, they cant make any NBA licensed cards anymore. Some collectors dont like cards of their favorite players in college uniforms. Plus every box in general can be hit or miss. Some boxes have great hits that you can resell and make your money back. Other boxes you wont get much from it.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
        Since Upperdeck lost the NBA license, they cant make any NBA licensed cards anymore. Some collectors dont like cards of their favorite players in college uniforms. Plus every box in general can be hit or miss. Some boxes have great hits that you can resell and make your money back. Other boxes you wont get much from it.
        So what would you say would be a good investment of about $600-$700?

Comment

Working...
        X