Wizards/Mavericks close to trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wizards/Mavericks close to trade

The Washington Wizards and Dallas Mavericks are close to a major trade that would send forward Caron Butler, center Brendan Haywood and guard DeShawn Stevenson to Dallas for forwards Josh Howard and Drew Gooden and guard Quintin Ross, according to a league source.

ESPN.com first reported that the deal was close to being finalized.

The trade would dramatically improve the Mavericks, who have struggled going into the All-Star break.

Dallas has been looking to upgrade both at small forward, where Howard has been slow to recover from injuries the past two seasons, and at center, where the Mavs gave Orlando's Marcin Gortat an offer sheet last summer that the Magic matched.

Haywood is having a career year for the Wizards, with career highs in scoring average. Butler has struggled with new coach Flip Saunders' offense, but is still a strong scorer who'd fit in in Dallas.

The trade would provide significant luxury tax relief for the Wizards, who are looking to lower their tax burden in the wake of the season-long suspensions of Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton.

Howard would potentially provide relief for Washington next season because the final year of his contract is a team option.

------

Good deal for Dallas, they don't give much up that they can't live without and improve alot, this team could contend i think with it looking like

PG Jason Kidd
    SG Caron Butler
    SF Shawn Marion
    PF Dirk Nowitzki
    C Breandan Haywood
    Last edited by gladdyontherise; 02-13-2010, 03:11 PM.

shoot, I was hoping that the Thunder would make a move for this guy...looks like Presti will be sitting pat though

When is the deadline?
    sigpic

Comment

i think marion would move into the 3 slot...
      I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

Comment

knew i forgot someone, thats a pretty sweet lineup though

Comment

GO AWAY CUBAN, LEAVE MY BUTLER AND HAYWOOD ALONE!!!! Freaking Mavericks.
          "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by The Notorious GA0 View Post
            GO AWAY CUBAN, LEAVE MY BUTLER AND HAYWOOD ALONE!!!! Freaking Mavericks.
            Someone will be taking the Wizards players if this trade somehow doesnt work, Wizards are looking to rebuild/dump salary

Comment

Yeah, sorry Ken...the Wizards are going to rebuild...they should just start losing now to get in on the John wall sweepstakes
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
                Yeah, sorry Ken...the Wizards are going to rebuild...they should just start losing now to get in on the John wall sweepstakes
                he already has a spot here in Indy
                I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                  Someone will be taking the Wizards players if this trade somehow doesnt work, Wizards are looking to rebuild/dump salary
                  I know and I hate it.. why did all of this BS have to happen?

Lottery's fixed, we'll prolly end up with the last lottery pick.
                  "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by The Notorious GA0 View Post
                    I know and I hate it.. why did all of this BS have to happen?

Lottery's fixed, we'll prolly end up with the last lottery pick.
                    Same thing is happening in Detroit, although i am ready for change (well good change) Rip seems to be on his way out, as well as Tayshaun and possibly Ben Gordon. Same thing like Washington basically

Comment

Oh man, what could Tayshaun Prince bring to a playoff contender...

Yeah but theres a difference Dan

Detroit made it to the East finals like 5 straight years and won a title...Washington has been slightly less successful lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
                        Oh man, what could Tayshaun Prince bring to a playoff contender...

Yeah but theres a difference Dan

Detroit made it to the East finals like 5 straight years and won a title...Washington has been slightly less successful lol
                        This is true lol. a healthy Tayshaun can bring alot, a not healthy Tayshaun doesnt do much good, i personally think he still is having back problems.

Comment

I'll always remember him for scoring 52 points and knocking out Tulsa in the Sweet 16...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                            Same thing is happening in Detroit, although i am ready for change (well good change) Rip seems to be on his way out, as well as Tayshaun and possibly Ben Gordon. Same thing like Washington basically
                            yup i also want change. i want taushaun and Rip out of here. sorry dan but also cv, he just hasnt produceing enough for me to like him with the amount he is getting paid but i like ben gordon and i hope he stays here.
                            Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pistonsfan9826 View Post
                              yup i also want change. i want taushaun and Rip out of here. sorry dan but also cv, he just hasnt produceing enough for me to like him with the amount he is getting paid but i like ben gordon and i hope he stays here.
                              Villanueva has an untradeable contract, no one will take on 4 years and 32 million that is going to be left. Plus he was productive until he came off the bench he was putting 16 points per night up.

Comment

Working...
                              X