Jerry Buss Passes Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Buss Passes Away

RIP. He brought many great teams and championships to Los Angeles. I worry about the future of the Lakers franchise since his idiot son will be running things now.

Jerry Buss Passes Away At the Age of 79

Woke up this morning to some very sad news in the sports world. Jerry Buss has passed away this morning. He did so much for the Lakers organization after he bought the team in 1979. My prayers go out to his family and he will be missed.

RIP Dr. Buss

From the Huffington Post:
    LOS ANGELES — Jerry Buss, the Los Angeles Lakers' playboy owner who shepherded the NBA franchise to 10 championships from the `80s Showtime dynasty to the Kobe Bryant era, died Monday, his assistant said.
    Buss died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, said Bob Steiner, his assistant. He was 79.
    He'd been hospitalized for cancer, but the immediate cause of death was kidney failure, Steiner said.
    Under Buss' leadership since 1979, the Lakers became Southern California's most beloved sports franchise and a worldwide extension of Hollywood glamour. Buss acquired, nurtured and befriended a staggering array of talented players and basketball minds during his Hall of Fame tenure.
    Few owners in sports history can even approach Buss' accomplishments with the Lakers, who made the NBA finals 16 times through 2011 during his 32 years in charge, winning 10 titles between 1980 and 2010. The Lakers easily are the NBA's winningest franchise since he bought the club.

Become a fan of Los Angeles Inspiration on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter @LA_Inspiration

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Sad day in the NBA.
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

R.i.p......

Comment

Working...
        X