Blockbuster 3 Team Trade Knicks Get McGrady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockbuster 3 Team Trade Knicks Get McGrady

Houston has traded T-Mac for a package including Kevin Martin. Story link to come
    Via @WojYahooNBA

Yahoo says the trade is Sergio Rodridguez, Hilton Armstrong, Kenny Thomas and Kevin Martin to the Rockets for Tracy McGrady, Joey Dorsey and Carl Landry.

And this should officially eliminate the Knicks from having the cap space for two max contracts in the off-season!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Woah... Carl Landry is gone as well.

So the Kings have Hawes, Thompson, and Landry... very nice
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
      Woah... Carl Landry is gone as well.

So the Kings have Hawes, Thompson, and Landry... very nice
      And a bunch of cap space for 2010 with T-Mac's $18 million coming off the books....I'd imagine they'll draw someone there to want to play with Tyreke Evans.

Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Wow that is a blockbuster trade that came out of nowhere. I knew that the Celtics wanted to trade Ray Allen for Kevin Martin, but I didnt think the Kings were actually shopping Martin. I think the Kings may just waived T-Mac, so he may be joining the Knicks after all.

Comment

Just read that this trade may turn into a 3 team deal that involves T-Mac going to the Knicks.

Comment

Yea, ESPN and Yahoo have different sides of the story. Yahoo says the deal is done, and should the Kings buyout T-Mac, he wants to go to either the Lakers or Cavs (I'm good on that, NO THANK YOU!)....ESPN says the deal isn't done, and T-Mac will most likely end up with the Knicks.

No clue who to believe, lol.

Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I was about to post that too. LOL! If T-Mac gets waived, that is the one move that can help save the Lakers bench. Since they wont be making any trades by tomorrow because they dont want to add salary because of the horrible contracts of Sasha and Walton. Regardless of how injury prone he has been in the last 2 seasons, I would love to have him on my team. Compared to Sasha, Morrison, and Walton, McGrady is a huge huge upgrade.

Comment

McGrady would look amazing sitting on the bench next to Sasha... I dont want him playing though. We are perfectly fine (Except for Kobe)
                Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

McGrady would get to play if he were willing to back up Artest/Kobe and play about 10-15 minutes a game. Fisher needs to be rested for the playoffs and basically plays 15-18 min a game. Farmar backs him up, Shannon backs up Farmar/Kobe. Walton is probably done for the year, so that is about 10 min at SF right there.

Plus McGrady cant be much worse than this if he actually got a chance to play.

Sasha - 7.47 mpg and 2.4 ppg Just 1 year left on contract!
                  Walton - 8.18 mpg and 2.4 ppg 3 years left on contract!!!
                  McGrady - 7.35 mpg and 3.2 ppg

Comment

I never thought it'd be Houston of all places for KMart to land in, it was inevitable, him and Tyreke apparantly are both SGs

Comment

This deal is now a 3 team deal involving the Knicks.

Knicks get Tracy McGrady, Sergio Rodriguez
                      Rockets get Kevin Martin, Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill, New York's 2012 First Round Pick, can swap 2011 First Round Pick with New York
                      Kings get Larry Huges, Carl Landry, Joey Dorsey

Comment

If the Knicks dont get atleast LeBron or Wade, this whole thing will blow up in there face

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                          If the Knicks dont get atleast LeBron or Wade, this whole thing will blow up in there face
                          They're screwed if they don't bring in superstars. They don't, they easily become one of the worst teams in the league, and their top-3 pick in 2011 goes right over to the Rockets. Then their 2012 pick is gone also....they have ZERO future if they don't bring in superstars. And I honestly don't see any wanting to go to New York and start over.

Johnson/Mears/
                          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

kings improve the most from this deal, they get more young talent
                            I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

Comment

I agree, the Kings get the most out of this deal. They shed Kevin Martin's salary and bring in a good young talent in Carl Landry. Now Tyreke Evans, Omri Casspi, Spencer Hawes, and Jason Thompson can get more shots per game.

I honestly dont think Lebron or Wade will go to New York. I think because of their past history with D'Antoni, if New York were to sign 2 free agents in the summer, it will be Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire if he opts out.

Comment

Working...
                              X