Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Jackson would 'absolutely' listen to Cavs if they offered him job

Source: Jackson would listen to Cavs

Phil Jackson is contemplating a return the sidelines, and he would “absolutely” listen if he received a call from the Cavaliers, a source close to Jackson told FOX Sports Ohio.

Jackson won 11 championships as coach of the Chicago Bulls and Los Angeles Lakers, but retired following the 2010-11 season. Recent reports indicated he is looking to get back into coaching -- something the source confirmed.

Meanwhile, the Cavs have started their search for a new coach after firing Byron Scott on Thursday. Jackson’s name is among those on their list.

“Absolutely, yes, he’d listen (if the Cavs called),” the source said. “Why wouldn’t he? Coaching is his passion.”

Jackson has only been a head coach in two of the NBA’s largest markets, which immediately creates skepticism he would take a job in Cleveland. The source said such talk is overplayed.

“He grew up in North Dakota and coached a minor-league team in Albany (N.Y.),” the source said. “Trust me, Phil has nothing against mid-sized American cities.”

As for Jackson wanting to only coach teams built to compete for a championship, the source insisted it’s never been something Jackson has set out to do.

“Does he want to win titles? Of course,” he said. “But taking a team to the playoffs that no one expects to get there is a big accomplishment, too. If he decides to get back into coaching, he will consider all options.”

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

I'm sure he'd listen, then laugh, then hang up the phone.

BOOM

Comment

I highly doubt it. He's gonna want a team that's championship ready. Somehow I don't see Phil Jackson in the middle of a rebuilding project at this stage of his career.
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/victornegron/albums

Comment

Originally posted by Negron-23 View Post
        I highly doubt it. He's gonna want a team that's championship ready. Somehow I don't see Phil Jackson in the middle of a rebuilding project at this stage of his career.
        They are championship ready if LeBron comes back.

Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
          I'm sure he'd listen, then laugh, then hang up the phone.

BOOM
          You got your phone calls confused. That's what would happen if Detroit called him.

BOOM

Johnson/Mears/
          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
            You got your phone calls confused. That's what would happen if Detroit called him.

BOOM
            Who in their right mind would want to coach the Pistons?

I mean I would, but that's because I could work for 2 years, but get paid for 3.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
              Who in their right mind would want to coach the Pistons?

I mean I would, but that's because I could work for 2 years, but get paid for 3.
              Yea nobody in their right mind would ever wanna coach the worst player in the history of Basketball.

Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

uhmm... might want to look at the bigger picture here. 2014 is going to be a big year and it includes LeBron James. The perfect storm is Miami doesnt win championship this year, Wade obviously cant stay healthy, Phil goes to Cavs, Kyrie running point... might be a reuinion in the works.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                  Yea nobody in their right mind would ever wanna coach the worst player in the history of Basketball.
                  I agree, I wouldn't want to coach Brandon Knight either.

Comment

This is just leverage to get back to the Lakers. No way Lakers dont fire D'Antoni after Spurs sweep them.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                      This is just leverage to get back to the Lakers. No way Lakers dont fire D'Antoni after Spurs sweep them.
                      Completely agree with you on that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                        If that doesn't get him fired(which can't be blamed totally on him since the team is missing Kobe), I'd say that his remarks about Kobe just being a "fan" right now won't sit too well with ownership or the fans.

I didn't watch the game; was Kobe not sitting with the team or even at the game? If not, I find that very troublesome.

Comment

If you hire Phil, he will come!
                          http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Kobe had surgery and cant travel with the team.

Comment

Working...
                            X