Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 NBA All Defensive Team Announced

Y! SPORTS

How does the Defensive Player of the Year (Marc Gasol) not make the First Team?

LeBron James and Memphis guard Tony Allen headline the NBA All-Defensive First Team.

The league announced Monday that Allen received 53 points in the voting, while the Miami Heat star had 52. Each player had 25 first-team votes from the NBA's 30 head coaches.

''We pride ourselves on defense here,'' said James. ''I'm one of the catalysts, as far as taking that side of the ball very seriously. We all do. I'm happy to be rewarded with such an honor to be part of First Team All-Defense.

''Any time you're awarded anything individually, it's an honor.''

The pair were joined on the first team by Clippers guard Chris Paul (37 points), Thunder forward Serge Ibaka (46), Knicks center Tyson Chandler (24) and Bulls center Joakim Noah (24).

''Joakim, obviously (I'm) very pleased with that,'' said Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau. ''I think down the road, Joakim has a very good chance of being defensive player of the year. His ability to defend all five positions, every aspect of the game - individual defense, team defense, rebounding, multiple effort ... a very unique player.''

Marc Gasol, who was the NBA's defensive player of the year, made the second team. He was joined on that squad by Celtics guard Avery Bradley, Grizzlies guard Mike Conley, Spurs forward Tim Duncan and Pacers forward Paul George.

Same thing when Tyson chandler won it last year.... I think they gave Tyson first team honors this year to make up for that. I don't think he should have been on the first team this year and I'm a knick fan!

Comment

Working...
    X