What Happened To Them Player Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened To Them Player Thread?

This is the what happened to them player thread? This is to talk and discuss about all the players that were good and then injuries plagued them or they just faded away from the players they once were. Please be respectful in this thread and in your responses.

A few players who I collected alot in the early decade who were all stars or border line stars that come to mind are:

Shareef Abdur-Rahim: All Star caliber player in Vancouver and Atlanta. Once he got traded to Portland, not really sure what happened to him.

Steve Francis: Rising young star and multi time All Star in the early decade. After his first season in Orlando, he was never the same player again. I helped him pick out clothes and stuff when I worked at Bloomingdales in 2003. He was a really nice guy and even gave me two autographs.

Antoine Walker: Multi time All Star who kind of just faded away after his second stint in Boston. I forgot he even played for Memphis and Minnesota.

i collected tons of guys like that.i still do:

muggsy bogues
    larry johnson
    glen rice
    anfernee hardaway
    nick anderson
    eddie jones
    nick van exel
    shawn kemp

there are a few.

Comment

Shawn Kemp and Larry Johnson were two of the first players I collected in the early 90s. Before Shaq, Grandmama and the Reign Man were my favorites. I always liked Glen Rice, but after he won his only title with the Lakers, he wanted money and got traded to the Knicks. I always liked Eddie Jones and Nick Van Exel. I wished Eddie signed a one year contract with the Lakers to end his career.

Comment

Abdur-Rahim retired and immediately became a coach for the Kings. Apparently Walker is in some Puerto Rican Basketball league right now lol.

This is gonna be a mighty useful thread for me, as i'm gonna try tracking dwon players to get their autographs as well.
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Whatever happened to:
          DaJuan Wagner (Cleveland 6th overal pick back in '02, drew comparisons to Iverson)
          Bonzi Wells (It was only a couple years ago that he had a huge performance against the Spurs in the playoffs)
          Cuttino Mobley(formed a great 1-2 punch with Steve Francis)

And whatever happened to these former Wizards??
          Popeye Jones
          Tyrone Nesby
          Courtney Alexander(was on his way to becoming a star, I swear! Was traded in his rookie year from the Mavs to the Wizards back in 01 before the trade deadline, emerging as a sick scorer. Was rookie of the month in April after averaging 22 a game. He takes a 6th man role with Jordan in town the next year, then he gets traded to the Hornets the year after for the draft pick used to get Juan Dixon. What happened after his first year with hornets is a mystery.)
          Chris Whitney
          Mitch Richmond
          Jahidi White

Comment

Mobley had a serious heart condition that was detected in 2007-08 or 2008-09 that forced him into retirement..

Comment

Bonzi Wells played in China after he left the Hornets. He is a good player and should still be in the league. I remember Tyrone Nesby started his career as a Clipper, nuff said. LOL! Courtney Alexander had a lot of promise, blame MJ on that too with the whole Kwame thing and trading RIP for Stackhouse.

Mitch Richmond was one of the best players in the mid 90s. Im glad he won a title with the Lakers, but I never understood why he barely ever played for them that season unless he was injured.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post

Mitch Richmond was one of the best players in the mid 90s. Im glad he won a title with the Lakers, but I never understood why he barely ever played for them that season unless he was injured.
                Richmond really lost his touch when he was playing with the Wizards, and it was evident that his playing days were over after missing most of the 00-01 season with the Wizards from an injury. His signing with the lakers was more of a free ride to a title instead of actual contribution.

Comment

Working...
                X