NBA All Star Reserves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA All Star Reserves

Some of these choices are way off. I know top teams (Spurs) need to have someone there. But no way Tony Parker deserved it over Goran Dragic. Dirk over Anthony Davis? And Lance Stephenson is the biggest ommission. Why would Joe Johnson be there? Arron Affalo deserved it more than him.

West
    Lamarcus Aldridge
    James Harden
    Dwight Howard
    Damian Lillard
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Tony Parker
    Chris Paul

East
    Chris Bosh
    Demar Derozan
    Roy Hibbert
    Paul Millsap
    Joakim Noah
    Joe Johnson
    John Wall

Drummond got jobbed.

Comment

Kobe is out and CP3 may still be out. So that is at least 2 more openings in the West. I think everyone is healthy in the East.

Comment

Y! SPORTS

Anthony Davis chosen as replacement for Kobe. He deserved it. Glad he is in there.

NEW YORK (AP) -- New Orleans forward Anthony Davis was chosen Friday to replace the injured Kobe Bryant in the NBA All-Star game that will be played in his home city.

''It's a great opportunity for me. I'm excited to play in the game,'' said Davis, who was informed he'd been added to the Western Conference roster by Pelicans coach Monty Williams. ''When coach said it. I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. I'm glad they chose me. I'll try to go out and represent New Orleans and the Pelicans.''

Davis was nearly chosen as a reserve, but missed by one spot in voting by Western Conference head coaches, a person with knowledge of the details told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because vote totals were not released.

Speaking before the Pelicans hosted the Minnesota Timberwolves, Davis acknowledged he was disappointed when he was initially left off the roster.

''I was down, but I moved on. I understand that I have a lot more opportunities to try to get in the game,'' Davis recalled. ''Today, it was great.''

The 2012 U.S. Olympian ended up getting into the Feb. 16 game at Smoothie King Center when NBA Commissioner Adam Silver chose him to replace Bryant, who was voted by fans to start but is still recovering from a broken knee.

Davis is averaging 20.5 points, 10.5 rebounds and a league-leading 3.3 blocks for the Pelicans. Davis, the No. 1 pick in the 2012 draft, is also scheduled to play in the Rising Stars Challenge for rookies and second-year players next Friday.

Davis confirmed he still intended to play in that game as well, but Williams was gratified he got into the main event as well.

Williams said he thought Davis had worked so hard and was having such a stellar season that he had taken the unusual step of lobbying the coaches he knows best to vote for Davis as a reserve.

''I can't tell you how happy I was to be able to tell him the news after having to tell him the first time that he didn't make it. It was a cool moment. I can't express that enough, how happy I am for him,'' Williams said. ''He thought I was joking. He said, 'Not a game, coach?' And I was like, 'No, not a game. You made it.' And he was speechless and laughing. You know, he's 20. I didn't expect a poem or anything.

''I thought he deserved it the first time,'' Williams added.

Minnesota coach Rick Adelman agreed.

''He certainly deserves it. He's the leading shot-blocker in the league,'' Adelman said. ''I had a feeling he'd be the one they would chose and rightfully so, getting a representative from New Orleans in the game. He's certainly worth it.''

Comment

Working...
        X