Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UConn Wins Men's & Women's NCAA Championship

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...32536408.html#

ARLINGTON, Texas. — As both teams jogged off the floor at halftime of Monday night's national title game, the Kentucky crowd rose to its feet and roared, surely thinking the Wildcats had Connecticut right where they wanted.

Kentucky again fell way behind early in the first half. And again the Wildcats clawed back within striking distance by halftime. All they had to do was methodically impose their will in the second half the same way they had their previous four NCAA tournament victories.

But Shabazz Napier simply wouldn't allow that to happen. Napier scored a game-high 22 points and the resilient and disciplined UConn defense badgered the Wildcats all game long to conclude an unlikely national championship run with a 60-54 victory.

Winning a fourth national championship since 1999 continues UConn's rapid ascent from regional power, to perennial national contender, to program with blue blood-level credentials. The Huskies' unlikely postseason run also signals the program's success may be sustainable without Jim Calhoun, a goal that seemed uncertain in the unstable period immediately after the legendary coach announced his retirement in Sept. 2012

Kevin Ollie arrived as an interim coach in a difficult position, needing to prove himself worthy of the full-time gig despite inheriting a program reeling from a one-year postseason ban, a coaching change and the departure of a several key transfers. Ollie won over his administration and fan base by overcoming that adversity, inspiring last season's team to play hard enough to win 20 games despite the postseason ban and building on that this season by winning 32 games and springing five consecutive upsets on the way to the national title.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/uconn-c...9969--spt.html

STORRS, Conn. (AP) -- UConn forward DeAndre Daniels got a chance to storm the court at Gampel Pavilion as a fan on Tuesday night, joining thousands of other UConn students in celebrating the school's dual national basketball titles.

Daniels and other men's players watched on movie screens in the crowded arena as the women's basketball team dismantled Notre Dame 79-58 in Nashville, Tenn., to capture a record ninth national title. The win came one night after the men won their fourth.

Comment

This is cool for them! Both men's and womens, I think they have done this before.
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
      X