Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knicks Fire Head Coach Mike Woodson

Mike Woodson fired as New York Knicks coach - ESPN New York

2 Head Coaches have been fired today. Please let Mike D'Antoni be the next one this week. LOL!

Mike Woodson was fired as coach of the New York Knicks on Monday and Steve Kerr, a leading candidate to replace him, said later in the day that he expects to hear from new team president Phil Jackson soon.

"I do anticipate talking with Phil Jackson at some point. When that time comes, it will come," Kerr said on his weekly SiriusXM NBA Radio show, his first on-the-record comments about being the potential successor to Woodson. "For now, there's really not a whole lot to talk about."

Kerr, who played for the Jackson-coached Bulls and currently is an NBA analyst for TNT, later added: "It's going to be very interesting. My name is being thrown around. I do anticipate at least being a part of the conversation and we'll see where it all goes."

Kerr also was general manager of the Phoenix Suns at one point. He has close ties to Jackson, whose Bulls won three of their NBA championships while Kerr was playing. Kerr has never coached before and reiterated on ESPN Chicago's Carmen & Jurko Show on Monday afternoon that he has a desire to coach in the NBA.

"Yeah, yeah and I've been pretty open about that the last few years and I think that obviously that's one of the reasons that this is all out there," Kerr said. "... When the time comes, I'll be interested."

Woodson was fired early Monday, a decision that has been anticipated for weeks, something Kerr sympathized with.

Phil cleaning house!!
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Working...
    X