Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Trade Isaiah Thomas To Suns - Signs For 4 Years $28 Million

Isaiah Thomas of Sacramento Kings to be dealt to Phoenix Suns - ESPN

Geez what are the Suns doing? Stockpiling point guards. LOL! That is 4 good ones with Dragic, technically Bledsoe, Ennis, and now Thomas.

The Sacramento Kings will send restricted free agent Isaiah Thomas to the Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade deal after reaching a new four-year, $28 million contract, sources confirmed to ESPN.com's Brian Windhorst.

In return, the Kings will acquire a $7 million trade exception and the rights to forward Alex Oriakhi, the 57th overall pick in 2013.

Yahoo! Sports first reported the deal.

Thomas averaged 20.3 points and 6.3 assists per game last season, both career-highs.

Thomas also thanked the city of Sacramento, saying the city "will always have a place in my heart."

"To the fans of Sacramento, words can't explain what y'all mean to me!," he tweeted. "Y'all made me who I am in the NBA and I can't thank you guys enough."

He thanked Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, a former star point guard for the Suns, for "being by my side since Day 1."

The move leaves six point guards on the Phoenix roster, including the double point guard starting lineup of Goran Dragic and Eric Bledsoe.

Ish Smith, the third point guard last season, could well be gone. Phoenix has two young point guards in this year's first-round draft pick Tyler Ennis and second-year pro Archie Goodwin.

Point guard play is critical to the high-energy, fast-paced system of coach Jeff Hornacek, who in his first season on the job led Phoenix to a big turnaround. The Suns, coming off a 25-win season in 2012-13, went 48-34 and barely missed the playoffs in the tough Western Conference.
Working...
X