Pacers Sign Frank Vogel To Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacers Sign Frank Vogel To Extension

Well this year should be a test for him. No George or Stephenson. If he can get Hibbert back to being an all-star, he would have earned that contract extension. LOL!

Frank Vogel has signed a multi-year contract extension with the Indiana Pacers.

Vogel is entering his fourth full season as coach after taking over on an interim basis in January, 2011. The Pacers finished that season 20-18 and reached the NBA Playoffs for the first time in four seasons. In July, 2011, the interim tag was removed and in the three seasons since, the Pacers have reached the Eastern Conference Finals twice and Eastern Conference Semifinals once with a record of 147-82 (.641 winning percentage).

“We’re very happy to extend Frank’s contract,” said Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird. “I believe he has done a great job and I look forward to continuing our relationship and working together to achieve all of our goals.”

“I’m excited for the opportunity to continue my tenure as Pacers’ coach,” said Vogel. “It’s an honor to represent this franchise and lead this team. I look forward to the challenge ahead. I’m grateful to have had good, coachable teams along with coaching staffs that have been second to none.”
Working...
X