Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Nash Out For Season, Career Over

Steve Nash of Los Angeles Lakers to miss entire season - ESPN Los Angeles

Well I knew this would happen. I thought he would at least last through 3 games of the regular season. He had a great career and I respect what he did in the NBA, but he sadly did nothing to help my team. Odds are he gets traded since he is an expiring contract and insurance will pick up his salary. At least Lakers can try to improve their team by shedding his contract now.

Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash will miss the 2014-15 season for a back injury, the team said Thursday.

"Being on the court this season has been my top priority and it is disappointing to not be able to do that right now," Nash said in a statement released by the team. "I work very hard to stay healthy and unfortunately my recent setback makes performing at full capacity difficult. I will continue to support my team during this period of rest, and will focus on my long-term health."

Nash, who at 40 is the NBA's oldest active player, hadn't practiced with the team since leaving an Oct. 12 exhibition game, after tweaking his back while carrying bags.

"As disappointed as we are for ourselves and our fans, we're even more disappointed for Steve," Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said in a statement.

"We know how hard he's worked the last two years to try to get his body right for the rigors of the NBA, and how badly he wants to play," Kupchak said. "But unfortunately he simply hasn't been able to get there up to this point in time. Steve has been a consummate professional, and we greatly appreciate his efforts."

Because of back, knee and hamstring issues, Nash played in just 65 of a possible 164 regular-season games the past two seasons with the Lakers.

Nash decided not to retire this offseason and instead returned to the Lakers, who will pay him about $9.7 million in the final year of a three-year, $28 million deal.

Nash said this summer that he believed this season -- his 19th -- would be his last.

Phoenix training staff held him together for awhile. At least long enough to screw the Lakeshow!
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Currently looking for:
      Football: The Gronk!
      Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
      Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
      + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
      Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
      http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Comment

Maybe they can get the injury exemption?

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I read that they may get a $4.8 million injury exception.

They good part is that he is an expiring contract that wont cost the team who acquires him any money since insurance will cover it. So any team that trades for him wont have to pay him, but he will count towards their salary cap.

Comment

No one will waste anything on him, at least I wouldn't.

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

76ers are $18 million under the salary cap minimum. They have to get to the $40 million min by trade deadline. Im looking at them. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                X