Cavaliers Sign Kevin Love To 5 Years $110 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavaliers Sign Kevin Love To 5 Years $110 Million

Kevin Love agrees to five-year, $110 million contract with Cleveland Cavaliers

Kevin Love is re-signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers, he announced Wednesday.

Love has agreed to a five-year, $110 million contract with the team, sources said.

"I'm going back to Cleveland," Love said in a first-person essay on The Players' Tribune website. "After Game 1 of the NBA Finals, that's when it really struck me. Sitting on the sidelines, I never wanted to play in a game more than that one. I had dreamed of playing in the NBA Finals, and I just wanted to help my guys win. I couldn't have been prouder of them as they poured their blood, sweat and tears onto the court.

"Yeah, of course I've heard the free-agency rumors. But at the end of the day, and after meeting with my teammates [it turns out pools are great meeting places] and with the front office, it was clear Cleveland was the place for me. We're all on the same page and we're all in. We have unfinished business, and now it's time to get back to work."

The Cavs made Love a priority in the first day of free agency. Love had maintained throughout the season that it was his intention to stay with the Cavs and he backed it up by committing to a long-term contract, which could end up being the largest contract given out in the history of the Cavs franchise.
Working...
X