Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMarcus Cousins Scores 91 Points & Eric Bledsoe 85 Points In Charity Game

DeMarcus Cousins dropped 91 points at Eric Bledsoe's charity game

Exhibition games, pick up games and charity events often aren’t the best place for big men to show their skills. It’s a setting best suited for guards that get to dominate the ball, chuck three-pointers, and attempt to cross defenders over. There’s not a lot of mindful entry passing, let’s just say.

Unless DeMarcus Cousins is involved, apparently.

Working in Phoenix Suns guard Eric Bledsoe’s charity event in Alabama, Cousins reportedly dropped 91 points in a game on Saturday night. While there is no video or (obviously) official box score to go off of, Cousins’ official Twitter account seemed to be keen to let the word get out:

Yes, Eric Bledsoe apparently notched 85 points of his own. August basketball is the best.

Bledsoe held a “back to school” (even in my mid-30s I still cringe every time I write, see, say or read those three words) charity event in his home city of Birmingham, Ala., and more than a thousand attended the giveaway and subsequent exhibition game featuring his former Kentucky Wildcats teammate.

Bledsoe, who played basketball at Birmingham's A.H. Parker High School, sponsored the Eric Bledsoe Back to School Rally at Railroad Park. He helped distribute book bags and school supplies to the first 300 children in line. Food and entertainment was provided for the kids and their families.
    "This is a very special day for me to see the smiles on these kids faces when I hand them a book bag and school supplies," said Bledsoe. "I never had anybody do anything like this for me when I was growing up but I'm from here and I want to make a difference in the community," he said.

If anything can make the phrase “back to school” more palatable, it’s two NBA stars combining to score 176 points in a basketball game.
Working...
X