Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allen Iverson:Does He Still Have "IT"???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Iverson:Does He Still Have "IT"???

Will the the Grizz signing of A.I. bring a much needed playoff birth to the doormats of the NBA?? Will he be able to mesh with Zach Randolph, and the 3 Amigos:Mayo,Gay, and Conley in the backcourt??? This team could go small, keep Randolph in and score 100+ a night but will that win games-probably not?? He definately has a strong frontcourt with M.Gasol and Randolph minus Warrick not resigning. It will be interesting!!! Any thoughts....

AI hasn't had "it" since he left Philly, IMO...

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
      AI hasn't had "it" since he left Philly, IMO...
      qft...although, I think he would have had "it" in Denver if he would have meshed with Carmello
      sigpic

Comment

AI is still a good player, but he doesnt like to "practice" to make the team better. LOL!

AI just needs to learn that he has to defer to his teammates to become a better player. Memphis will be better than last season, but Iverson has to be more of a mentor instead of the main player.

Comment

AI is a whiny baby, he ruins great organizations like the Pistons with his lies and huge ego...

Comment

hes going to be a cancer in that locker room, like he has been in every locker room hes ever been in as a pro...him and zach randolph- the grizzlies are gonna be terrible, you will read more about attitude problems than wins with this team this year, i guarantee it

Comment

That is amazing to have those two headcases, both are so into themselves they could care less about there teammates

Comment

Yeah I never mentioned team chemisty. It reminds me of the early 2000s Trail Blazers team. I hope AI and Zach doesnt rub off too much on Mayo, Conley, Gay, Gasol, and Hasheem.

Comment

Hasheem won't be any good anyways lol, Conleys not great either, i'd be most worried about AI influencing anything on Mayo, he is the future of the team

Comment

If by "it," you mean the ability to screw up a team because of his selfishness and stupidity, then yes, he still has "it."
                    Collecting all Cleveland teams, Ohio State Alumni, and Columbus Blue Jackets.
                    My Bucket My Tradelists
                    sigpic

Comment

Let's not forget A.I. averaged close to 8 assists a game with players like Hughes, Van Horn, Glenn Robinson, and past his prime Webber as options. The Pistons tanked it in the playoffs without A.I. The whole issue is the type of Kinesiology A.I. employs on the court. It is quite unique compared to the average athlete. He is a creative genius similar to a Picasso/Rembrandt(to which A.I. is an accomplished artist himself). Practice is not the issue because he is going to let his creativity shine no matter how many hours he puts on the court. It would be like a heart surgeon practicing with the receptionist. Dude sees the game differently and needs to slow things down for his teammates to be able to flow in the offense. He needs a coach/mentor who can recognize this and get in his face and show some tough love a.k.a. Pat Croce in Philly. How many times in Philly would McKie/Lynch/Ratliff/Geiger stand around watching A.I.?? Is it a question of selfishness?? Of course, he has an ego like anyone else and wants to win more than anything.
                      The best team he played for (00-01 Sixers) had his back on defense and would have won the title(yeh the East sucked that year) if not for the Lakers in Shaq's prime. A.I. has the biggest heart in the game and made it from nothing. I think he is going to improve Rudy Gay's game more than anything, a star in the making, that slacks off at times(he had about 10 personal fouls the last ten games). Randolph is a talented Heeba Hobba who won't even play defense if he doesn't get 25 shots a game, so who knows- hopefully he defers to the youngsters at times and A.I. will morph into the wise old man on the court.

Comment

Iverson plays no defense....

He will take shots away, he wont play off the bench either

Comment

The best team he played for (00-01 Sixers) didn't have a single player capable of scoring at will...

Notice a trend?

AI only plays good when he's the ONLY offensive option. Which is why he didn't work in Denver and didn't work in Detroit.

Johnson/Mears/
                          Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

......or Memphis

Comment

I figured it was a given that it won't work in Memphis, lol.

Johnson/Mears/
                              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
                              X