John Paxson Shoved Vinny Del Negro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Paxson Shoved Vinny Del Negro

Chicago Bulls executive vice president John Paxson shoved coach Vinny Del Negro twice in the chest and had to be restrained in a postgame confrontation late last month, multiple sources told Yahoo! Sports.

After a loss to the Phoenix Suns on March 30, an irate Paxson walked into the coach’s office at the United Center and confronted Del Negro over a narrow breach of a management-imposed minutes limit on injured forward Joakim Noah. Sources said Paxson first grabbed a hold of Del Negro’s tie and seemingly tried to provoke him with two successive jabs into his chest. Paxson was even heard to angrily challenge Del Negro to a fight.

There were several staff members present, sources said, and assistant coach Bernie Bickerstaff stepped between Paxson and Del Negro and pulled Paxson away.

Sources said Del Negro did not retaliate, mostly out of fear the incident could be used to void his contract without pay or hurt future career opportunities elsewhere. The Bulls have dispatched lawyers to interview witnesses about the incident, sources said.

Bulls VP John Paxson pushed coach Vinny Del Negro in a dispute over Joakim Noah's playing time, sources said.

wow, this may explain the situation with management during the overtime game against the Nets last week. I guess Noah was at his minutes limit, so vinny didn't put him in the last minute of the game (actually think it was only 20 sec) and new jersey ended up tieing the game. Vinny sent an assistant to find Gar Foreman to see if he could use Noah anymore, Forman tried to contact Paxson to find out, by the time word got back to Vinny, the game was out of reach.

Now that game may cost the Bulls the 8th playoff spot
    Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

really classy Paxson...way to represent the Chicago Bulls.
      http://photobucket.com/cards_for_trade_or_sale
      and my personal auto collection
      http://photobucket.com/tiger_tiger_cards_PC
      Autograph cards WANTS: Mike Vernon, Larry Kwong, Bob Cole
      Wants: GU All star net cards, 72, 76 Future Trends autos.

Comment

Paxson should be fired.. immediately.

Comment

Working...
        X