Who Will Be Traded This Season Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Will Be Traded This Season Prediction

Which players do you think will be traded this season and to which team? Obviously everyone will be thinking about next summer's free agent class. So we are expecting a lot of trades to happen in the next 8 months to shed salary. It is very rare for Superstars to get traded, but we already had Vince Carter and Shaquille O'Neal traded on the same day.

Here are the players who I think will be traded this season.

Rafer Alston - Expiring contract and already has voiced that he wants to be traded. I see him going to either the Knicks or the Heat.

Steve Blake - Portland has Andre Miller and Jerryd Bayless. Miller is the perfect point guard for the team and Bayless is their future. Unfortunately that means that Blake is the odd man out. I expect him to be dealt to either the Heat, 76ers, or Knicks.

Carlos Boozer - I think everyone expected him to opt out this summer. Obviously Utah made the right decision in matching Paul Millsap's offer from Portland. But with the amount of money he will cost the team in luxury tax, I think Boozer will get traded to either the Heat or the Pistons.

Eddy Curry - Knicks will probably beg every team in the league to take him off their hand to rid his salary for next summer. If they toss in Jordan Hill or Wilson Chandler with him, Im sure some team will take him. Im looking at you Bobcats, Mavericks, and Rockets.

Erick Dampier - His contract is not guaranteed for next season and can bring back something good. From a salary cap standpoint, trading him to the Clippers for Chris Kaman or to the Bobcats for Tyson Chandler makes sense.

Monta Ellis - Lets see the Warriors sign him to a huge contract and he injures himself riding a motorcycle. They draft Stephen Curry who is too talented to be on the bench and they refuse to part with him for Amare Stoudemire. Then Ellis says there is no way that he and Curry can play alongside each other. Im not sure who will take on his long term contract, but Im sure some team will take a chance on him.

Marcin Gortat - Orlando shocked everyone by matching his contract he got from the Mavericks. I have feeling Orlando will probably try to trade him after December 15th, which is the first day any free agent that signed over the summer becomes eligible to be traded. I think Dallas will try to get him again, this time via trade.

Richard Hamilton - I dont see Ben Gordon coming off the bench especially since that was one of the main reasons why he left the Bulls in the first place. With Stuckey and Gordon as their future, I think Hamilton will be dealt. The Nuggets or Jazz will be a perfect fit for him.

Kirk Hinrich - Bulls cant start him as point guard because of Derrick Rose. John Salmons is their shooting guard and Hinrich didnt do so well playing the 2 last season. If they want a chance to sign Wade, they need to shed Hinrich's salary. I would love for the Bulls to trade Hinrich to the Lakers, but I think the Heat or Knicks will make more sense.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas - I still dont know how he and Shaq will be able to play at the same time. Both players should start for any team, but for obvious reasons that can not happen here. With his large expiring contract, he will have plenty of takers. Trade that makes sense is to the Bucks for Michael Redd.

Stephen Jackson - Wants to play for a winner. Rips team and coach publically. Someone will take a chance on him.

Jared Jeffries - look at Eddy Curry

Chris Kaman - They got rid of one of their overpaid big men in Zach Randolph. Camby is a proven veteran and locker room leader and Blake Griffin should by all means start every single game for them. I think they should trade Kaman to shed his salary. Not sure where he will end up, but everyone can use a decent center.

Corey Maggette - I see a pattern starting to form here. Everyone says he is too selfish and never passes. He never liked playing for Dunleavy, but Donald Sterling loved him. A trade back to the Clippers will be nice, but that will stun the development of Al Thornton. He seems more like a player for the Mavericks. Josh Howard anyone?

Tracy McGrady - Expiring contract and may never play again in the NBA. Sad since T-Mac was one of the best players to watch in the league before he got injured. Houston can probably get a lot of draft picks and young talent for him but they would have to take back one bad contract in return.

Adam Morrison - Hopefully he will be finally healthy this season and be a decent back up who can hit threes. Between him and Sasha, one of them is bound to be good this year. I think Morrison will be traded since he has an expiring contract. Is it too much to dream for a Kirk Hinrich for Adam Morrison and Jordan Farmar trade. LOL!

Michael Redd - Bucks are in rebuilding mode and Redd makes too much money. They need to shed his salary and get some expiring contracts and draft picks. Most logical trade is to the Cavaliers for the expiring contract of Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

Amare Stoudemire - Odds are he opts out and leaves the Suns next summer. Phoenix might as well get as much as they can now before they lose him for nothing. I have feeling if he gets traded, it will be to the Heat or Knicks.

I agree with some of yours, but Redd will never be in Cleveland. Him and Mo never got along, and there's no need for Redd here.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Good calls Kerwin,

Quentin Richardson-3 times this summer wasn't enough.
      Rip Hamilton-a reunion between Billups and Rip in Denver would be nice.
      Jason Terry-free's up space to sign a big name.

Comment

I know Cleveland tried to get Redd a few years back. Having a home town kid who is an All Star and one of the better 3 point shooters in the league is a plus. But Mo Williams is a good point guard and will only get better. Even though they may not get along, I think for the sake of winning, they could put their differences aside if they were both playing alongside Lebron.

Raph - I should have added Q Rich to the list just for giggles. I dont think he will be traded again, but if he did that has got to be some kind of record.

Comment

I agree with some of these, but the two i agree with the most is Amare Stoudemire and Richard Hamilton

Comment

Working...
          X