Draft Recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Recap

First off, I would like to express my disappointment in the fact that none of my main draft wishes were granted. However, I am pleased with the job that the Grizzlies front office did last night.

My anticipation grew with each passing pick, as Gordon Hayward fell closer and closer to #12. Then, the Jazz were on the clock. By selecting Hayward they ruined a sixteen year old's life long dream (more like three month dream since I didn't expect Hayward to enter the draft this year). Although I was upset that Hayward was taken, I was pleasantly surprised when Memphis selected Henry. He was one of the most talked about players coming into this college season, so for him to be on the board at #12 was surprising. As much as I liked that pick, it also worries me deeply. Signing Henry most likely means that the Grizz aren't expecting Gay to return. That's just me making assumptions, but it makes sense.

Vasquez was a great late first round pick. He should get some playing time immediately this year behind Conley, and if Conley doesn't pan out, Vasquez could even take over, so I really like that pick. He was, in my mind, the ACC's best point guard. I really look forward to watching him play for Memphis.

As for my thoughts from a collector's standpoint, I think this draft has a lot of question marks. Can Cousins be the player that many think he can be? Can Wall step in and live up to expectations? Some non - Grizzlies that I will be looking to collect are: Gordon Hayward, Evan Turner, Wes Johnson, and Andy Rautins.

More...
    Nick Sabo
    Basketball Card Pro

Playstation Consultant

Vasquez was a great pick for them. I read that a lot of teams wanted to draft him. The Lakers were high on him, but he was drafted way before they were up.

Comment

Yea I'm really glad they picked him up. I think he was the ACC's best point guard.
      Nick Sabo
      Basketball Card Pro

Playstation Consultant

Comment

Working...
      X