It it Christmas already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It it Christmas already?

Remember that feeling you had as a kid when you just opened the final present... the big present... the one that your parents saved for last. It's the one you put at the top of you wish list... it's the one that made you the happiest kid in the world.

Well... that's the way I feel right now... because the Cowboys just lost to the Redskins. You're probably asking yourself... what's the big deal. The deal is... I can't stand the Cowboys. I've never liked them... and I never will. And honestly a Cowboys loss is almost as good as a Seahawks or Packers win.

Speaking of the Seahawks and the Packers... to make things even sweeter... both of my teams won today. For the past few months, I've heard over and over how the 49ers are going to win the NFC West. Well... that may be so, but today they had their tails handed to them by my Hawks.

It wasn't only that the Seahawks won... it's the fact that the 49ers lost. Ready for your history lesson of the day? I grew up surrounded by 49er fans. My whole family are Niner fans. As a kid... the 49ers dominated the NFL and that was very frustrating to me, because I had to be different. So much like the Cowboys... I hate the 49ers. With that being said... the Seahawks win was actually a two for one special.

On the other hand, the Packers almost let one slip away. Michael Vick single handedly brought the Eagles back to life... but came up 1 yard short. Whatever... I'm not going to let the Packers' defensive breakdown bring me down. A win is a win. The Packers & Aaron Rodgers are 1 and 0 and the Vikings & Brett Favre are 0 and 1.

Which brings up Mr. Favre. Anyone who knows me... knows that Brett Favre is my favorite player of all time. However... currently he's a Viking... and I'm a Packer Backer first.. and a Favre Fan second... so currently he's the enemy and I hope he throws plenty of 4th quarter interceptions.

After writing this post... I realize that there's a lot of negativity in it... and I apologize to my readers for showing you my dark side. If I could flip a switch and be rid of my hate for the Niners and Cowboys... I probably would. I'm not proud of it... but I am what I am.

So... let's go ahead and sum things up. I feel like a kid in a candy store, because:

a. The Vikings lost (on Thursday).
    b. The Seahawks manhandled the 49ers.
    c. The 49ers were spanked by the Hawks.
    d. The Packers lucked out in Philly... but came away with a W.
    e. The Cowboys made major mistakes that cost them big time... and in the end they lost.

In fact... I'm so happy... that I'm not even sad about the Padres loss to the Giants.

So here's today's question of the day (I actually think I've asked this before... but I'm on cloud 9 right now... so who cares): Are there any sports teams that you hate? If so, why?

When I say "hate"... I mean that you actually are happy when they lose.

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Notre Dame- the most overrated football program ever. That team can win games against North Dakota College for Women Quadriplegics and Vatican City State, and all of a sudden people start talking national championship. I hate Michigan too, but I was thrilled to see them beat Dame on Saturday!

Comment

Working...
    X