• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Player Spotlight 9/22/10 - Ben Roethlisberger

NFL Player Spotlight 9/22/10 - Ben Roethlisberger

Ben Roethlisberger
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Quarterback

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cX4p_qJOJrs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cX4p_qJOJrs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Player Biography
    Drafted by Pittsburgh Steelers - Round 1 Pick 11 in 2004 NFL Draft
    NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year (2004)
    1x Pro Bowl (2007)
    2× Super Bowl Champion (XL, XLIII)

Team History
    Pittsburgh Steelers: 2004 to present

Career Statistics
    87 Regular Season Games
    19,302 Passing Yards
    127 Touchdowns
    12 Rushing Touchdowns
    Most Passing Yards - 4328 (2009)
    Most Touchdowns - 32 (2007)

A very good quarterback. He's still maturing (I hope) and will make better decisions, both on and off the field, in the future.
    - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Not much comment on Big Ben. A good quarterback, but the guy really needs to grow up quite a bit.

Looked at the cards. Originally liked the Stars GU, but not crazy about the 'glow' around the player. The Gold Stars insert is kind of cool. Just looks a little haphazard with the gold splatter behind the player. But, ya know, if either of those had a Patriots player on there, and I had them in my collection, I am sure I would love both of them!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
      Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
      Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
      MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
      NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
      NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
      NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
      I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

All he does is win win win no matter what.

Comment

I used to like him as a QB, but now I have no respect left for him. It's not on the field that's most important, but off the field for me. IMO
          ALL Danica Patrick items--vintage Reds/B.Dodgers--vintage (pre-1980) empty wax wrappers/boxes--P.Manning RCs--oddball pre-1970 paper products
          http://s177.photobucket.com/home/dupontis1

Comment

You ain't kiddin...

Originally posted by gladdyontherise
            All he does is win win win no matter what.
            YOu are certainly right. He sure does seem to win win win. And now I hear the Steelers are not guaranteeing his starting job back. What is up with that? I mean, do you want to go with Leftwich or Batch over him? I think not.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
            Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
            Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
            MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
            NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
            NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
            NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
            I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

I hope Big Ben is still awesome when he comes back from his suspension.

Comment

All he does is win. Maturity is a huge problem with him though. Hopefully he learns to be smarter.
                "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Hope he can bounce back after the suspension.
                  For news on all sports trading cards, autographs, memorabillia and collectables, visit my blog
                  sigpic

Comment

That gold stars card looks sick!
                    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

he does a great job on the field....but off the field....lets hope he has grown up

Comment

Really smart pick. Was indeed the better quarterback and exceeded expectations. but what were you thinking going to some frat party and messing around with some teens. Now with camera phones, etc, you need to be more careful. Hard lesson to learn, hopefully it sticks.
                        http://photobucket.com/cards_for_trade_or_sale
                        and my personal auto collection
                        http://photobucket.com/tiger_tiger_cards_PC
                        Autograph cards WANTS: Mike Vernon, Larry Kwong, Bob Cole
                        Wants: GU All star net cards, 72, 76 Future Trends autos.

Comment

Just like any true Browns fan. I HATE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Only looking to trade for HOF g/u to complete my project. I have a ways to go but am determined to complete it. Any help is appreciated!!

http://s1338.photobucket.com/user/nowunodogg/slideshow/

Comment

to many distactions maybe he will return to form bob
                            UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

Working...
                            X