Is it time for Brett Favre to retire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time for Brett Favre to retire?

PLEASE NOTE: THIS WAS POSTED BEFORE BRETT FAVRE WAS INJURED. WE HOPE FOR NOTHING LESS THAN THE BEST FOR HIS LONG TERM HEALTH.
    Brett Favre is putting up good stats today, very impressive for someone with a damaged ankle. In his 292nd consecutive start, there is no question that Favre has earned his right to stay on the field if he feels he can still play. But as I sit here watching the Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots game, I can't help but wait for what I term "The Favre Meltdown." That point late in the game where he tries to live up to what he thinks is still his image, the invincible quarterback. It's an ugly point late in the game where he tosses a wobbly football into a sea of opposing defenders, gets picked and costs the Vikes the game. Yes, its cynical, some bad mojo for sure, but it seems like Standard Operating Procedure at this point in Favre's career.

I'm not against veteran players trying to extend their careers, George Blanda is a prime example. But something bothers me with the way Brett Favre has handled himself since his first retirement. I'm starting to feel that if Favre tries to extend through the end of the season, he might do more damage than good to himself and the Vikings. I respect the man for what he has done as a quarterback in the past, but I'm uncomfortable watching him play at this point. To me, its tarnishing his career's impact.

So what do you think? Should Favre stick it out or has he overstayed his welcome?

More...
    For news on all sports trading cards, autographs, memorabillia and collectables, visit my blog
    sigpic

well,he let his ego get in the way of common sense when he decided to go out there with 2 broken bones in his ankle in the first place,this cut chin (and subseqent 8 stitches that followed) is a direct result of his putting himself and that damned consecutive games-started streak ahead of the team's welfare,someone needs to be blunt with him,then kick him to the curb for someone who's more mobile,and who can take better advantage of the AP/Kleinsasser/Harvin/Moss combo they have at thier disposal which Brett has shown that he can no longer do,and this is coming from someone who's been a Bears fan for 27 years lol,i dont care if its Tavarius Jackson,or someone else,but something has to be done before childress finds himself on the unemployment line the longer he pins his hopes on Brett's damaged coattails

Comment

Working...
    X