Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions to Collecting

Hello Collectorsworld! :]

I'm recently starting to collect again, after my father showed me his collection from 1970-1998 Football, Basketball, Hockey, and baseball cards , aswell as a few autographed pictures.

I had a few questions i was hoping someone or some more expierienced collectors could help answer? If you can answer any of these, it would be a big help, please and thank-you! :]

1. What would be the best pack to try to start off getting, or in other words, i think i could say the hottest pack/brand. Ex: Wal-mart, which pack could would i be best off trying to get some cool inserts or players out of? I've only been getting topps 2010 cards, and i dont know any others, Help?! D:

2. I think : Multiple different brands make rookie cards of a player, how would i know which one is the best?! D:

3. I have seen laserview cards around, and my dad has TONS of them, are these still sold in packs?

4. My last question is, Does anyone know if i would be better off buying cards at a local shop, or in packs or boxes, if boxes, where can i find these?

are you in florida??

i used to live there in mid 90's lmk and ill try to find ya a close reliable non ripoff hobby shop..better packs hobby packs theres more hits but usually cost 4.99+..what sport you after??

plmk tyvm

uncle tiny..
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/KevinAlan/

Comment

Originally posted by KevAlan View Post
      are you in florida??

i used to live there in mid 90's lmk and ill try to find ya a close reliable non ripoff hobby shop..better packs hobby packs theres more hits but usually cost 4.99+..what sport you after??

plmk tyvm

uncle tiny..
      Missouri x[

And im mostly only after football cards.

Comment

I recommend doing your homework on retail (wal-mart) boxes and packs. Typically they have next to nothing in them but on occasion, a manufacturer will put autographs and game used cards into packs.

I recommend saving up whatever you money you were going to spend at Walmart, Target etc and buying a box at your local card shop. I personally believe boxes are the way to go, because you are guaranteed hits from hobby boxes. Also, there are a lot of dishonest sports card owners that do pack searching. A sealed box is the safest way to go in my opinion if you have the itch to rip new product. Prices range from 80-500 dollars on boxes. I recommend reading how many hits each box has, and going from there. Some lower end boxes (100ish) have 2 autographs and 2 game used and some numbered rookies.

If you cant save your money for the box buys, get an ebay acct. and shop there. You can find some great deals there. Obviously, box breaking is like the lottery, and shopping on ebay... well you know what you are getting!

Comment

pm's sent w store locations off the donruss website for hobby stores in mizzo..
          http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/KevinAlan/

Comment

Thanks guys! :] Lot's of help so far, does anyone else have any tips for a begginner? :]

Comment

Originally posted by Burner31 View Post
              Thanks guys! :] Lot's of help so far, does anyone else have any tips for a begginner? :]
              mainly, collect what you like.
              http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b360/rbearfield/

we never make misnakes.
              I am right 97% of the time, who cares about the other 4%?
              always looking for hof autos.

Comment

My biggest advice would be collect what you like. Develop good friendships from participating in the hobby and stay organized!
                Arizona Cardinals Autos
                Alabama Crimson Tide Autos
                Wrestling Autos
                Wrestling Relics

Comment

Working...
                X