Poll: What's The Most Important Position On The Football Field Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: What's The Most Important Position On The Football Field Today

So we all know the NFL is a quarterback driven league, but what's the most important position after the Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? You're probably saying, "Well that's easy… long-snapper", but I don't think it's such a cut and dry question.

The importance of protecting the QB's backside with a quality left tackle can't be understated. Conversely, getting to a QB with a terrorizing DE or LB can change the entire course of a game. Lets not forget the confidence a reliable RB can give you, and those primadonna WR's can certainly put the fear in an opposing defensive coordinator.

For me, there's nothing like a completely dominant DE rushing the opposing QB or a stonewall LT, but I have to go with a monster Defensive Tackle. The right DT can setup the rest of a defense. That's particularly true in the 3-4 defense and goes without saying you need two DT's in a 4-3 defensive scheme. Know thinking about it, maybe the long-snapper position doesn't have quite the same importance as I may have assumed. There's no denying the fact that the success of an NFL team depends on every team member, but which position is more important?

More...
    sigpic
    Looking for Chris Mullin, Billy Martin, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), Anfernee Hardaway, Danilo Gallinari, '97 Ultra Court Masters, '99 SkyBox Premium 3D's, '97 Slam Cam, '97 EX A Cut Above, '97-'98 EX Credentials, UD Ultimate Legends Football Auto's,'98 Metal Universe Titanium, UD Inscription Auto's, '99 EX Dunk N Go Nuts and more.

Checkout my sports memorabilia blog and Facebook Fan Page.

CARDS FOR TRADE

I think its the referee. He has to view the videos on challenger/questionable calls and has to decide if it was correct or incorrect. His decision(s) often determine who will win or lose a game. Without a doubt, in my opinion, the MOST IMPORTANT position on a football field - ANYONE have a "CHALLENGE"? does this have to be "REVIEWED"? and if so, will the opinion posted here STILL STAND or will it be REVERSED? MR. REFEREE, if its CHALLENGED, the FINAL DECISION after the REVIEW is TOTALLY UP TO YOU - Hope you get it right.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Cornerback or safety definite game changers
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

If I had to pick one position, I'd say CB. Defense wins championships, and without good CB's, you aren't gonna have a good defense.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
        X