Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QB Mallett defends answers at combine (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Mallett defends answers at combine (AP)

Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett says he didn't feel ambushed by the questions he received at the NFL Combine about rumors of possible drug use. Mallett said Tuesday at his pro workout day he doesn't regret any of the answers he gave during a question-and-answer session with reporters. He says he's dealt with the same scrutiny since his days as star high school quarterback in Texas.

More...

Here is a video of his press conference today:

http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2011/mar/08/4616/
    Click the banner for my bucket !!!
    Photobucket

Comment

i hope the vikings dont draft him. i would rather them draft quinn from sc, need another de stud!
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

The way he handles himself reminds me too much of Ryan Leaf.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I am not a fan of Mallet as well. Rocket arms are great but he has extremem questionable decision making in games. All guys need to do is put in film of any big games he had last year

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Ryan Mallett big game last year stats:

@ Georgia 21 of 33 380 yds 3 TD 0 Int
            Alabama 25 of 38 357 yds 1 TD 3 Int (worst game of the year)
            @A&M 27 of 38 310 yds 3 TD 1 Int
            @Auburn 10 of 15 96 yds 1 TD 0 Int (injured left game did not return)
            @South Carolina 21 of 30 303 yds 1 TD 1 Int
            @Miss. State 17 of 26 305 yds 3 TD 1 Int
            LSU 13 of 23 320 yds 3 TD 2 Int

Sugar Bowl against Ohio State 24 of 47 277 yds 2 TD 1 Int

Combined in Big Games
            158 of 250 (63.2%) 2,348 yds 17 TD 9 Int

That is a 2 to 1 TD to Int ratio which is on par to the careers of P. Manning and Brees, so no one can say that is a telling stat, IMO.

Simply put the heralded #1 overall QB (Blaine Gabbert) by the talking heads can not show this kind of numbers in his big games. First of all he didn't play in nearly this many big time games last year. Rather it be against traditional powerhouses at home or on the road or against some very Strong teams on the road (Miss. State, South Carolina and A&M).

Gabbert had really nice games @A&M and against Oklahoma. Totally dropped an egg @Nebraska and @Texas Tech. Then had subpar (less than 200 yds passing) games against Kansas State, @Iowa State and Kansas. He had a real nice stat line against Iowa in the bowl game, but he did throw more Int's than Td's in that game.

Just my 2 cents.
            Photobucket

Comment

So is your 2cents that Mallet will be good nfl QB?

That offense will put up a ton yards for sure but his ints are bad ones. His lack of footwork is atrocious. So is your 2cents that Mallet will be good nfl QB?

I say not a chance

Comment

mallet = leaf

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I say absolutely.

Do you know that the Razorbacks also had a 1,300 plus yard rusher on the team? And that they do not run a traditional Spread pass heavy attack, that they indeed run a Pro Set offense. I believe that the system produces numbers argument doesn't hold water in this case.

Mallett was also one of the best at the combine at the chalk board and received very high praise for it. This of course tests understanding of how an offense works and decision making.

I have not seen any bad write ups or conversation about his footwork, if you have some links to that opinion I would like to see them.

I enjoy the conversation and the truth is nobody knows what will happen down the road, my belief is that I am not the only one that believes Ryan will be a great success in the pros and some team will draft him in the first round.
                  Photobucket

Comment

tnd - where do you gather this opinion from? I would love to know where the basis of the opinion is, what facts and so forth?

I just always find it interesting to learn where others opinions generate from, especially when they are in direct opposition to my own.

Thanks
                    Photobucket

Comment

I believe mallett will be a great quarterback in my opinion. He has proven he can win. And has the size all nfl teams really want. Mallett will be a great quaterback someday

Looking for current bucs and anything from miami university (the U) let me know what you got base cards included. Looking for cards pictures anything you got lmk

Comment

Originally posted by sq180 View Post
                        tnd - where do you gather this opinion from? I would love to know where the basis of the opinion is, what facts and so forth?

I just always find it interesting to learn where others opinions generate from, especially when they are in direct opposition to my own.

Thanks
                        just comparing the interviews with him and leaf. leaf was supposed to be the next elite nfl qb, much better than peyton coming out of college. he didnt interview well and his combine was farly well. mallet shows me the same things, combine was good and his interview, well, kinda like leafs.

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

tnd - thanks for that insight

I have watched his combine media interview in its entirety and I could see where some could take him as being snippy and a bit cocky. I will say though every report that I have heard regarding Ryan's individual interviews with teams, has went very well. One team even went as far as saying they had no problem with Ryan's answers to there questions but mentioned that another QB who was getting a lot of hype (Newton) didn't fair well at all in there interview with them.
                          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
                            mallet = leaf
                            agreed. Maybe a step above like a Tim Couch

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                              agreed. Maybe a step above like a Tim Couch

i havta agree on that he is a step above. he could be a good qb though depending on the system and if he gets groomed ala favre /rodgers. but i just dont c that happening though.

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
                              X