Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you ready for some football? Well.. you'll have to wait until 2012.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dfr52 View Post
    Then the claim that the league and owners are losing money is pretty much meaningless and their breaking away from the current CBA is just a money grab.
    The owners agreed to show 5 years worth of numbers,the players wanted 10

The owners agreed to put an end to the insane 1st round pick guaranteed $$, the players walked away.

How are the owners taking $$ away from players a money grab,when everyone minus the players knows the guaranteed deals given to guys like JaMarcus Russell were criminal

Players left alot on the table and are just as much to blame as the owners are

Comment

Originally posted by dfr52 View Post
      Then the claim that the league and owners are losing money is pretty much meaningless and their breaking away from the current CBA is just a money grab.
      It is as simple as 8th grade economics for me. They players do not own the teams. The owners do..They want to see more they need to buy a franchise. The owners have everything to lose and nothing to gain. Yeah yeah the players paly. The owners take all the risks ..ALL the risks with guaranteed dollars and in some cases private funded stadiums.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by HiEnd View Post
        The owners agreed to show 5 years worth of numbers,the players wanted 10

The owners agreed to put an end to the insane 1st round pick guaranteed $$, the players walked away.

How are the owners taking $$ away from players a money grab,when everyone minus the players knows the guaranteed deals given to guys like JaMarcus Russell were criminal

Players left alot on the table and are just as much to blame as the owners are

I have not done an analysis of both deals but based on what I have heard the offered deal is not as good as the one that Upsaw negotiated. The biggest sticking point is way the total revenue is split. The owners want a larger share than they currently get under the old CBA. If the owners weren't seeking more money this would not be an issue.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
          It is as simple as 8th grade economics for me. They players do not own the teams. The owners do..They want to see more they need to buy a franchise. The owners have everything to lose and nothing to gain. Yeah yeah the players paly. The owners take all the risks ..ALL the risks with guaranteed dollars and in some cases private funded stadiums.
          The owners are making a profit though. Its not like the business is doing poorly and they need to take money from the players to keep things afloat. I don't see why the players have to give up what they gained in the current CBA when business is good. The owners might be taking risks but those must be paying off if they are profiting.
          sigpic

Comment

& if the players walking away from the deal the owners offered wasn't ridiculous enough,what about the crap that is in the lawsuit they filed

All of a sudden the draft is a problem?

All of a sudden the franchise tag is a problem? The same franchise tag that gave Vick over $20 million

Comment

Originally posted by HiEnd View Post
              & if the players walking away from the deal the owners offered wasn't ridiculous enough,what about the crap that is in the lawsuit they filed

All of a sudden the draft is a problem?

All of a sudden the franchise tag is a problem? The same franchise tag that gave Vick over $20 million
              Probably like other lawsuits where other issues are added on but won't be addressed or will be dismissed by the judge.
              sigpic

Comment

This is all Crap This is Billionares VS Millionares I will not watch Much football anymore I have a whole new Outlook on the Owners and Players this is Nonsense we dont have this Kinda Crap going on In nascar I will stick to Auto Racing ALOT BETTER ,Some poeple around here in New england are even talking about not purchising much Merchindise and going to games next Year 2 of my friend Are getting rid of the Season tickets I think the whole Nation should do this HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS THE MOST THERE POckets then they will learn this is Riduculios I have a whole new outlook on the NFL Now.
                Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
                Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

^^^you are in the minority.. So easy to say for the non football junky ...Like I said in the other thread this will not have an affect on attendance or ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                    ^^^you are in the minority.. So easy to say for the non football junky ...Like I said in the other thread this will not have an affect on attendance or ratings.
                    Thats even if there is football Wich is not Looking good But I dont care anyway lol Enjoy USFL Football.

Comment

Originally posted by jonsportscardz View Post
                      Thats even if there is football Wich is not Looking good But I dont care anyway lol Enjoy USFL Football.
                      Thats what I mean.

There will be a full season this is nothing like the last time. I have enough to keep me busy in the off season. A dover trip, 2 Pocono races(which i live next to the track) and a Watkins Glen trip

Then throw in the trips to the Bronx for the Yankees...

So whatever they do all summer I do not care as well actually

Comment

Watkins glen forget it lol Not Nascar Racing lol Us hard corp Fans dont like those Tracks I go to louden twice a year everyyear Pocono is awsome never been there and I hope there is a season wont be the same on thanksgiving withought it.

Comment

I go to the Glen for the party. have gone for probably 16 years now. It is also a real small community and way more access to the drivers when they go into town. Nothing beats Dover for me though and I have been to Daytona and Talladega. Just a different atmosphere

Comment

Working...
                          X