Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boy returns SB ring to 'Refrigerator' (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy returns SB ring to 'Refrigerator' (AP)

A 10-year-old boy from Pennsylvania has returned a piece of Super Bowl history to Chicago Bears great William "The Refrigerator" Perry. Cliff Forrest of Fox Chapel, Pa., took $8,500 from his saving account to buy Perry's Super Bowl ring. Cliff says he heard Perry was sick and wanted to give him the ring back.

More...

Thats just crazy. The mom was crazy to let her son spend $8500 of his college fund to buy that and give it away.

Comment

That's character.. Something a lot of people don't have.

Good on that family, they raised that kid right.

Pay it forward.

Comment

I hope Fridge keeps the ring. I read another article which the author said he hopes Fridge doesnt resell the item again.

Comment

Spend the kid's college fund (aka future), and give back a SB Ring to a guy that might sell it again. Nice gesture, but WOW.

I've been hearing the ring might be a replica though, hope it's not.
          "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

hmmmm...wonder how much money the kids has received because of this "good boy" story that is being plastered all over.

It was a publicity stunt....and it worked!
            Randy
            United States Air Force, Retired
            ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
            balance of life, an individual diagnosed
            with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

why is it a publicity stunt? Why can't it be a great gesture? Is the glass always half empty? Man.... There are actually good people out there who do things for others because it makes them feel good.

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/Sportscards/

Comment

what parents IN THEIR RIGHT MIND would allow a 10 year old kid to do this? the kid doesn't even know who the "Frig" is.

I guess I should also bring up ....READ ALL THE ARTICLES on this scenario.

Seems like the boy purchased the ring THEN googled William Perry and decided to return the ring.....

sorry...makes very little, if any, sense.

Not to mention the fact that mommy and daddy are the ones that leaked the story.
                Last edited by ranbethscards; 04-08-2011, 09:51 AM.
                Randy
                United States Air Force, Retired
                ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
                balance of life, an individual diagnosed
                with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

I guess it'll all come out in the wash. I read the ESPN article, and there was no mention of people sending the kid money, which I don't doubt has happened. Assuming they did this with that perverted idea in mind is a bit cynical.

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/Sportscards/

Comment

I wouldn't put it past that it was planned, but hopefully it wasn't.

Besides, 8,500 might be nothing to that family.. They could be ballin. Who knows.

But yea, if they are a middle class family, I would through the BS flag..

Hopefully this was a PAY IT FORWARD thing.. That would be awesome..

Comment

The news media should gets us going doesn't it.
                      I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
                      X