• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Tressel Resigns Under Scrutiny

Embattled coach Jim Tressel has resigned from Ohio State

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6606999

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Actually for many Ohio State fans the vest leaving will be a good thing.

Comment

yep.. I am sure the "scrutiny" is what made him resign... had nothing to do with that whole CHEATING thing

Comment

Originally posted by ac-n-mike View Post
        yep.. I am sure the "scrutiny" is what made him resign... had nothing to do with that whole CHEATING thing
        meh I would hardly consider that cheating(but was a violation) but the haters are gonna hate. Ohio state reminds of the Steelers and Pats... People love to hate them comes with the territory...I do not have a horse in the race but love watching the debates

Comment

Surprised he has now resigned after weathering the "scrutiny" this long.
          Arizona Cardinals Autos
          Alabama Crimson Tide Autos
          Wrestling Autos
          Wrestling Relics

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^ THAT is what I am saying

Comment

Originally posted by jaybarkerfan View Post
              Surprised he has now resigned after weathering the "scrutiny" this long.
              I am surprised as well brother.. Probably will take a year or 2 off and be a hot commodity when he ever decides to throw his hat back in the ring.

Comment

Took him long enough..Can't wait for OSU to get the hammer dropped on them!

Comment

as much as I like to see some OSU fans I know squirm especially ones that hate the Steelers I do not hink it will happen

Comment

I freely acknowledge that it is against the rules, but still find it hard to believe that selling your own trophies is that huge of a deal. I truly believe that it is crap that you cannot do what you want with your own items.

Anyway, I agree with Wheeler, when you attain a level of sucess other fans are jelous of, the haters come out. I liken it to the Yankees. You either love the Yanks, or hate the Yanks, not much middle ground there.

Comment

Ohio State does not = YANKEES

more like Tamp Bay Devil Rays

Comment

two weeks ago my cousin fed me a crazy rumor. he told me one of his best friends is a former captain at Ohio State University. His friend told him that Jon Gruden is putting together a staff and that JT would be resigning soon. I have a feeling its gonna happen. Jon Gruden does a LOT for Ohio State and Jim Tressell and knows all the players very well including our hot shot freshman QB Braxton Miller.

Comment

Gruden would be a HUGE pick up and I think he would be an awesome college coach

Comment

Their level of sucess in the Big 10 the past decade certainly rivals any run the Yanks have put together. Historically, they are a storied football program. Seven national championships, many Heisman winners, Chic Harley was voted the greatest college football player of the first 1/2 of the 1900's, the most academic all americans, the most first round draft picks..... I think your analogy is way off.. maybe we arent the Yankees, but certainly not the Rays. Possibly more like the Red Sox or Dodgers. The Rays are not one of a handful of the most storied franchises in baseball. I think when you look historically: Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Oklahoma

Comment

holy crap Frankie....!!!!!!!!!!

did you actually mention Ohio State and Michigan in the same sentence? you did! you did!

I think when you look historically: Notre Dame, USC, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, Oklahoma
                              ....and John Gruden to Ohio State? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would almost force me to cheer for them....NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Randy
                              United States Air Force, Retired
                              ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
                              balance of life, an individual diagnosed
                              with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Working...
                              X