Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bears, P Podlesh agree to 5-year deal (AP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears, P Podlesh agree to 5-year deal (AP)

The Chicago Bears have agreed to a five-year contract with punter Adam Podlesh that makes him one of the highest-paid players at his position. ESPN first reported the deal, and his agent Richard Rosa confirmed it to the Associated Press on Thursday. He would not reveal terms, but did say it puts Podlesh in the top five among punters.

More...

good for podlesh, lets see if he can live up to the contract.
    Looking for JOSH FREEMAN . UFC, Buccaneers, Lakers, and Yankees autos.

Comment

and i just found out 45 minutes ago,that the Bears are shopping Greg Olsen because they want to institute more of a blocking scheme with thier TE's,rather than having them catch the ball over the middle,personally,i think thats a mistake because ure taking away one of the few weapons Cutler currently has at his disposal

Comment

they just dealt him to the panthers as a bucs fan i do not approve of this trade.
        Looking for JOSH FREEMAN . UFC, Buccaneers, Lakers, and Yankees autos.

Comment

as a Bears fan i dont approve of it either,this is Jerry Angelo's ego run amok,if they dont win the division this year,both he,and possibly Lovie,might be bounced out on thier u-know-what,and i would expect someone to have Cowher's # on speed dial

Comment

Cowher isn't going to Chicago.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
            Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
            Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

i wouldnt be so certain of that if i were u,depending on who'd replace Angelo in the front office,im thinking he might be open to the challenge of trying to build a winner in Chicago,im just tired of all the personell blunders,enough's enough,time for Virginia to step down,and put someone in charge who's willing to bring in the guys needed to build a long-term winning team

Comment

100% positive it would never happen. There's only a few jobs (realistically though, none) Cowher would come out of retirement for, and Chicago isn't one of them.

Johnson/Mears/
                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

his name had been mentioned when Lovie's job security had been questioned over the past couple of years

Comment

If he was gonna come out of retirement and coach, he would've taken the Carolina or Cleveland jobs this past offseason. Him not being interested in either proves he doesn't really have much interest in coaching anymore.

Johnson/Mears/
                    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

if the right situation comes along,i dont see him saying no to it,especially if front office power is part of the package

Comment

FO power was already part of the package with both mentioned....and Cleveland/Carolina would be at the very top of the list as far as Cowher goes, yet he still turned both down.

Johnson/Mears/
                        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

well,uve got to realize that both Carolina and Cleveland are still a few years away from contending,Cowher,if he were to come out of retirement to coach/GM again,wants to take over a team thats either ready now,or be ready in a year at most,which personally i think the Bears are at provided Angelo does the right thing with the Bears remaining cap space,which at the moment i dont have much faith in

Comment

No....it's not only about contending to him. It's about going to a team he has personal ties to.

Johnson/Mears/
                            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

understood,although i dont see the personal ties to the Panthers job

Comment

Working...
                              X