Trade opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade opinions needed

Ok here's a question. I have made 2 trades on Beckett that fell today. the first was from a guy from overseas. It arrived packaged very well. But when I opened it there were two issues. One of them was a topps Chrome card that should have been a refractor but wasn't. The other was a Booklet card that had a dings on the bottom of the card. Now I know the cards were packed right but I am sure movement still happened. Being that this is my first Book card I don't know if they are a common thing or if it got damaged during transit. And even though they were marked as being mint with beckett trades there is no pics to see So I can't say the guy Knew about them.
    2nd trade 1 card had white showing on the bottom. Which really shows because the bottom is black. That and they smell like cigarettes.

So I wanted to see what you guys think I should do.
    The trade to oversees cost me $14 to ship so if I return the 2 cards it would be pricey. That and the other guy had to pay $24 to ship my way. Don't know if it was american dollars or his countries dollars but still $24 seems like a lot to me. I really like the book card but if I ever trade it you know those dings will be made an issue of. The other guy well it is a cheap gu that bks $3 so its not a big dollar card. But the damage is something that would be clearly visible on this one and would have been nice if he had let me know. As for the smell well that is a personal preference. So should I say anything? Or Just leave it be.
    So what do you folks think?
    Here are some pics:

Clearly not a Refractor

PhotoBucket My Collections Site IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV.

Those dings on the booklet I think were pre shipping if it was packed in the way it should be. The Kelly card is a bad deal also and you didn't get the refractor (although some people think those are refractors?!). That is the one reason I hate to deal with the Beckett trade site with the no picture thing. I also think that's why you have some traders trading on there so they can get away with that stuff. I do agree with you that shipping makes this an even worse deal to send back. Well, you got some cards for your collection that you are basically stuck with as you know they would be really hard to trade if seen..

Comment

hope you did not give up some great cards for those
      http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
      Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

booklets of five star and exquisite EXTREMELY sensitive but those dings on that look a little too much to attribute to that. To say t was mint was deceptive

Cards smelling like smoke are plain horrible. Considering the cost I would leave appropriate feedback and call it a day. Also floydtown or another mod over there should be notified

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I hate it when that happens. You get a dinged card, it smells like smoke, and you arent happy with it. The other trader knew it wasnt a mint card. I would try to see if the other trader will compensate you for not telling the truth and sending you basically crap damaged cards.

Comment

Originally posted by cornwellfamily View Post
            Those dings on the booklet I think were pre shipping if it was packed in the way it should be. The Kelly card is a bad deal also and you didn't get the refractor (although some people think those are refractors?!). That is the one reason I hate to deal with the Beckett trade site with the no picture thing. I also think that's why you have some traders trading on there so they can get away with that stuff. I do agree with you that shipping makes this an even worse deal to send back. Well, you got some cards for your collection that you are basically stuck with as you know they would be really hard to trade if seen..
            Yeah and with me being Picky with details I would have to make sure if I traded it away that the other Person Knew about it and said they were ok with it.

My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV.

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
              booklets of five star and exquisite EXTREMELY sensitive but those dings on that look a little too much to attribute to that. To say t was mint was deceptive

Cards smelling like smoke are plain horrible. Considering the cost I would leave appropriate feedback and call it a day. Also floydtown or another mod over there should be notified
              I contacted the trader hopefully we can work something out.

Originally posted by key2win View Post
              I hate it when that happens. You get a dinged card, it smells like smoke, and you arent happy with it. The other trader knew it wasnt a mint card. I would try to see if the other trader will compensate you for not telling the truth and sending you basically crap damaged cards.
              You know I think the whole Smoke thing is something Smokers don't realize happens. I sell on a site and I always Put Comes from a Smoke free Home. The other day I got this Message:

What's a smoke free home got to do with this?????????? I remember Eddie...good guy.

So it made me think Do smokers actually think that their stuff doesn't smell like smoke? Or is it because they are around it they don't notice it? Weird

Comment

it is because they do not notice it. You hit it right on the head they are just use to it

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
                X