Mr. Luck, My Nephew, & Making History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Luck, My Nephew, & Making History

Yesterday, I received two tickets to the Stanford/Notre Dame game from my sister-in-law, so I dropped my original plans... and took my nephew to the game. Little did we know... we'd be watching history in the making.

It was Stanford's Senior Day, which meant that each of their seniors were introduced before the sellout crowd of 50,360 fans. Included in the group was Heisman Trophy candidate, Andrew Luck... who happens to be a junior, but has made it well known that he intends to enter the NFL Draft after this season. In other words... last night's game was most likely his Stanford Stadium finale.

The game itself was closer than my nephew and I had hoped... a persevering Notre Dame squad & "unique" officiating kept the game interesting. But in the end... the Cardinals won the game 28 to 14... and Mr. Luck threw himself into Stanford's history books.

Luck's 3 yard touchdown toss to tight end Levine Toilolo in the first quarter tied John Elway as Stanford's all-time TD passing leader. The next quarter, he broke the record. He ended up with four passing touchdowns against the Fighting Irish... giving him 80 in his three years at Stanford. Elway threw 77 in four years.

One of Notre Dame's players broke a school record himself. Wide receiver, Michael Floyd finished the game with 8 receptions... giving him 95 catches on the year... which passed up Golden Tate's record for most receptions in a season (Tate caught 93 passes for the Fighting Irish in 2009).

Last night was definitely one of the more memorable sporting events I've attended in recent years... and I'm grateful I had the opportunity to share it with my nephew.

Sunday's question...

Who's taking home the Heisman Trophy this season?

I honestly have no clue... since I don't really follow college football. But... my vote would go to Andrew Luck, solely based on the fact that he plays for a Bay Area university.

Okay... it's time to get ready for NFL Sunday. The Seahawks actually have a chance to win three in a row... if they can eek out a win against the Redskins, who have lost six in a row. Go Hawks!

Happy Sunday everyone... and sayonara!

Nablo WriMo Daily Total: 361 Words
    November Total: 7,311 Words

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Awesome write up brother. Glad you had a great time! Sounded like a memorable moment indeed.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Thanks wheeler281!
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

sweet and great game and love to see the Irish lose and Luck will do okay in the pros
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

cool sounds like a great time
          http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
          Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

bakemeister52 - I used to hate Notre Dame for years... but since they've come down to earth, I don't hate them as much. I was actually telling my nephew about Rudy Ruettiger & he wanted to cheer for them... lol.

bobjah - Thanks!

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X