Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Tech coach Mike Leach fired amid controversey

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls0...ory?id=4781981
    i find this ridiculous, but what do you all think?
    I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

I agree with you tiki, i think its being overblown, and hyped up, also over exagerrated by reporters

however, check your link lol

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
      I agree with you tiki, i think its being overblown, and hyped up, also over exagerrated by reporters

however, check your link lol
      ups my bad... fixed it

yeah and from what is being said the player was not a hard worker and gave leach trouble as is.

Comment

shady, to say the least, especially with the 800k bonus due tomorrow. im tired of football players whining, they need to realize that A. most are being given a free college education to play a game B. whining really wont get you anywhere in life C. football is a tough sport- if you are a total wuss who cries all the time, like it seems James did, dont play the game...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister_Ed View Post
          shady, to say the least, especially with the 800k bonus due tomorrow. im tired of football players whining, they need to realize that A. most are being given a free college education to play a game B. whining really wont get you anywhere in life C. football is a tough sport- if you are a total wuss who cries all the time, like it seems James did, dont play the game...
          imo that is the reason he was fired, this thing just gave them the excuse to can him.

Comment

i hope craig james and his wife are proud of the kid they raised- a kid who, instead of deaing with problems himself, whines and cries until someone gives in to him. excellent example they have set for him...

Comment

What I don't get i they were so worried about giving him the bonus, why give him an extension to begin with?

Comment

well this is good for michigan state fan i guess.
                Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
                sigpic

Comment

Texas Tech is gonna be paying ALOT of $$ now, big lawsuit in the near future!
                  My Site
                  http://www.freewebs.com/randallcardssite/

Comment

I agree w/ everyone, its ridiculous and to do this right before bowl season makes it even more ridiculous.

Ed is right about the James family lol
                    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

I disagree that it was done mainly so they didn't have to pay him the $800K bonus....because now that he's fired, they have to pay him $400K a year until the original contract runs out.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                      Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I found the footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnNzSedT4Wg
                        Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                        Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                        Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                        Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Well, that is no way to treat a kid. If he was whinning, then he should have just kicked him off the team. You don't go putting him into small buildings. That might qualify as abuse.

He won't get paid anything since he was fired for a good reason. The Chancellor gave him a chance to defend himself and keep his job but he didn't respond to him. That was on ESPN last night during the football game.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                          X