Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants Stun Reigning Champion Packers

Manning throws 3 TDs, Giants stun Packers 37-20 - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

For Eli Manning and the New York Giants, Lambeau Field has become a familiar launching pad. After beating the Green Bay Packers at home for the second time in four years, they only hope this trip ends the same way—at the Super Bowl.

Manning threw three touchdown passes and the Giants shocked the Packers 37-20 in an NFC divisional playoff game Sunday. Manning threw for 330 yards, sending the Giants to San Francisco for the NFC championship game next Sunday night.

"Stun" is a strong word. The Giants front 4 was a total mismatch for the Packers crappy offensive line. New York has played well down the stretch and the Packers defense is terrible, despite the fact that they create so many turnovers. I had no rooting interest in this game, but I did expect the Giants to keep it close and at least "win" with the spread. I only saw parts of this game, but overall it was fun.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Comment

I did not expect the Giants to come out and dominate like that lol.
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Giants shocking the world again I love it

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Rodgers and the Pack looked all out of kilter the entire game to me...But if i were Rodgers, i would start the off season out with a bang..so to speak LOL
            Miss America asks Aaron Rodgers to call her
            http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...182121617.html
            Last edited by Oilman; 01-16-2012, 04:37 PM.

Comment

glad the Giants won, Niners-Giants should be an interesting game
              UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

Painful... my stomach ached from the final play of the first half to the end of the game. Congratulations to Giants fans.
                Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

I wonder how the Packers feel about showcasing Matt Flynn instead of keeping Rodgers sharp a couple weeks ago. Play your best players all the way to the title. Rodgers looked off the whole game. Giants came in fresh and fighting and the Packers looked a little stunned that they had a game on their hands. Butt kicked even though the refs seemed determined to "help" the Pack advance. How did they look at the replay of Jennings being stripped and decide he was down ??? Are you kidding me ! My 12 year old daughter rightly called it a fumble. On the Hail Mary half ender, there were two Pack defenders on the 5 yard line watching Nicks go for the ball. How does that happen ? I have Wisconsin relatives and a long history of secretly rooting for the Packers but they looked like they thought they were going to get a free pass back to the Super Bowl. Tough to deal with the assistant coaches son being taken too soon but all I could see was horrible focus and execution. They will still be one of the top teams next year but them being supplanted is what makes the NFL the top sport.
                  Lions and Football Autographs

http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/sdabber/

Comment

They may be one of the top teams but so are the others in the playoffs outside of the Broncos. Thats what is great about the NFL.. Next year I will take the field in the NFC over the packers

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I hate to say this but the Lions scare me for next year.
                      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

It is rare now a days where the team who rested the last week of the season can come in and continue to roll. It seems that more and more whoever gets going around mid-December can parlay it in to a Superbowl victory.
                        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I am scared that they won't embrace the next step. They are so close to being a real contender I can only hope they make that leap. If they make the Super Bowl a bunch of knuckleheads will turn Detroit into a war zone.
                          Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
                          I hate to say this but the Lions scare me for next year.
                          Lions and Football Autographs

http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/sdabber/

Comment

Working...
                          X