Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos: Tebow To Begin 2012 As Starting QB

Tebow has earned starting status in 2012 - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

The debate over Tim Tebow’s worthiness as an NFL quarterback will undeniably continue in the offseason.

What’s not in doubt is his status as the Denver Broncos’ starter.

The team sought to curb the circus that’s sure to surround Tebow over the next several months by declaring him the incumbent at a season-ending news conference Monday.

“Well, I think Tim’s earned the right to be the starting quarterback going into training camp next year,” Broncos boss John Elway declared at the beginning of a 40-minute news conference in which 24 of the 47 questions were about Tebow.

“I think he made some good strides this year,” Elway said. “He obviously played very well against Pittsburgh and played very well in a lot of football games.”

Elway had to say this, but he still doesn't seem confident in Tebow. He even left the debate open, since he said Tebow would be the starter in training camp.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Oh Joy....... PRAISE TEBOW !

Comment

He certainly earned the right to start (in my opinion). They would not have made the playoffs with Orton at QB this year. I think next year will be quite different when you add that teams have a chance to really study him as well as Denver playing a 1st place schedule as opposed to a last place schedule.
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

No worries, he'll become 3rd string hopefully by the end of the training camp!

Comment

Yeah the whole "to start training camp" is a real vote of confidence

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

and all the talk about drafting a backup that can run the option also seems like nonsense to me, i think quinn perfectly suited to learn that style, since he can't pass either

Comment

He needs to spend more time in the film room rather than the weight room. More muscle is just going to make him look more like a full-back.

Comment

Who is guaranteed a starting job in the NFL anyway ? To paraphrase Jerry Glanville NFL stands for " Not for long". If in the Broncos training camp next year they have a QB tearing it up and Tebow struggling to read defenses and completing passes to open astroturf they would obviously go with the guy that gets it. All that said, nobody will outwork him and you can beat talented guys but it is hard to beat a winner. Tebow has an intangible that not all players posess. He's selfless and I dare anyone to succeed with what seems like half the world waiting for you to fail. I am rooting for the guy.
                  Lions and Football Autographs

http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/sdabber/

Comment

Good luck there Tim. You have a lot of work ahead of you. I would not be surprised if Denver brings some one to compete. Obviously Quinn is done.

Comment

I think he has a long way to go and I think he would be better as the Dolphins QB!
                      I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Maybe Tebow should be thanking his receivers for making him look so good.

Comment

Working...
                        X