Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Caldwell Finally Put Out Of His Misery in Indy

To me this indicates the Manning era might be over in Indy

The Indianapolis Colts have fired coach Jim Caldwell.

The team announced the decision Tuesday. Caldwell just finished his third and worst season as head coach of the Colts, who stumbled to a 2-14 finish without injured quarterback Peyton Manning.

It’s the second big move since the miserable season ended. The day after the season ended, owner Jim Irsay fired team vice chairman Bill Polian and Polian’s son, Chris, Indy’s general manager.

Caldwell opened his career by winning his first 14 games, the most in NFL history by a rookie head coach, and leading Indianapolis to the Super Bowl. He won an AFC South title in his second season.

Colts fire coach Jim Caldwell - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

He was made a scapegoat, they thought Peyton could play forever and never planned ahead. He should have had at least 1-2 more years to really see what he could do.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

always thought he was just a manning pawn anyway...with manning posibly retiring or moving on, they will need a legit coach

Comment

It was Caldwell's fault they had bad backup QBs...oh wait

Comment

Originally posted by Oilman View Post
          always thought he was just a manning pawn anyway...with manning posibly retiring or moving on, they will need a legit coach
          couldn't agree more. Guy was just a figure head.. Not a motivator of men that is for sure

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I wasn't too impressed by Caldwell, but I still feel bad for him. It's an odd situation in Indy. It was only a matter of time that he was fired, though. Everyone else was let go.
            Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Caldwell was pretty "vanilla" as a head coach which might be just what Irsay wanted. Irsay is a step below Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder as far as meddling. With Manning putting up 11-14 wins a year there wasn't much to complain about. If they pick Luck they are going to want a younger offensive guru to bring him along. Caldwell was just minding the store with Manning healthy. He made Head Coach because of years of service and attrition. He'll land on his feet as a coordinator somewhere.
              Lions and Football Autographs

http://s726.photobucket.com/albums/ww269/sdabber/

Comment

Working...
              X