X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl XVI: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants

The stage is set for Super Bowl XVI in Indianapolis on February 5th, 2012

New England Patriots vs. New York Giants

I usually hate it when two east coast teams play each other in big games but it's the freakin' Super Bowl.

-----

The New England Patriots defeated the Baltimore Ravens 23-20 and will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Since the beginning of the playoffs, the Patriots were my pick to win it all.

This whole season was dedicated to Myra Kraft who passed away last summer after battling cancer. They always found ways to finish games even when they were down double digits in the first half. She's truly their guardian angel.

Tom Brady didn't throw for a touchdown, but still lead the Patriots to victory with a 4th & goal QB sneak to put the Patriots ahead in the fourth quarter. Sterling Moore saved the season, when he knocked the ball out of Lee Evans hands.

Joe Flacco's inability to get into the redzone more than once really hurt the Ravens. They had four different opportunities to score a touchdown and ended up with only one. Billy Cundiff didn't help when he kicked a 32 yard field goal attempt wide left.

-----

The New York Giants defeated the San Francisco 49ers 20-17 in overtime and will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Since the Patriots won earlier in the day, it didn't really matter who represented the NFC. I thought the Patriots were the best team out of the four remaining, but I was hoping to see a rematch of Super Bowl XLII between the Patriots and Giants. Before the game started, FOX showed an interview with Alex Smith who was wearing a San Francisco Giants hat. I hate the SF Giants, so that was another reason I didn't want the 49ers to win.

Vernon Davis is the reason why the 49ers got past the New Orleans Saints. He had two amazing plays in the final minute of the game last week. Alex Smith continued to throw the ball at Vernon Davis and they hooked up for two more touchdowns against the Giants. The 49ers defense put pressure on Eli Manning the entire game.

Special teams decided both championship games. Instead of a kicker, it was Kyle Williams, the punt returner who didn't get out of the way of a punt that he had no business trying pick up and he didn't hold onto the ball in overtime. The Giants cashed in on the overtime turnover with an easy field goal (don't tell Billy Cundiff that) to win the game.

Before the season started, Eli Manning considered himself one of the elite quarterbacks in the game today. This whole season, I made fun of him and it continues into the playoffs. He's an okay quarterback in my opinion. I wouldn't put him up there with Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning.

But ESPN needs to calm down with all this Eli Manning won this game crap. He had about five different opportunities to lead his team down the field to take the lead. The Giants punted every single time, except for when Kyle Williams fumbled two punts to give the Giants amazing field position. I will give Eli credit for the touchdown pass he threw to Manningham. He threw the ball 58 times, and they only scored 20 points. The entire team should be getting the credit for this win, not Eli Manning.

-----

These teams played each other in week 9 of the regular season. The Giants won the game 24-20 in the final seconds.

I'm picking the Patriots to win the rematch and Tom Brady as the MVP. Who do you like in Super Bowl XVI?

Picture credit: ESPN

Become a fan of Los Angeles Inspiration on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter @LA_Inspiration

More...
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Patriots in a ROUTE

Comment

Super bowl

The 2011-12 super bowl should be a great game.But the over-all the Giants should take home the grand prize.but i think that tom Brady will put up some great numbers in the passing game.but the final score is NY 23 NE 20

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
        Patriots in a ROUTE
        damn, you think so? I dont know, that Giants D and Gronkowski's ankle could make this a close one

Comment

Working...
        X