• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders Hire Dennis Allen As Coach

Per Yahoo Sports:

Breaking News
    Reports: Raiders hire Allen
    Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen will become the third Oakland coach in the past three seasons.

Bargain basement coaches mean bargain basement performance. Not saying you have to hire a retread but everyone knows who the up and comers are and he was not on anyone's radar

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
      Bargain basement coaches mean bargain basement performance.
      *cough cough*PAT SHURMUR*cough cough*

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

weird hire
        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Fun fact for the day:

Did you know that in John Madden's WORST season, the team was still 9-7??? For all of you young fellas, he was a heck of a coach before he became a video game icon!
          Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
          Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
          Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Some of the young guys only think Madden was an announcer then game icon

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Don't understand this selection at all!
              I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

That's a lot of coaches in a short time.
                Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Art Shell†*[b][c]

1989–1994

Mike White†

1995–1996

Joe Bugel

Jon Gruden

1998–2001

Bill Callahan†

2002–2003

Norv Turner

2004–2005

Art Shell†*[c]

Lane Kiffin†

2007–2008

Tom Cable†

2008–2010

Hue Jackson†

Dennis Allen

Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                  Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                  Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I like the signing.

Comment

It is an interesting signing for sure

Comment

wasn't too thrilled at first with the signing, but i am glad they chose a defensive minded coach. He did sort of change my thought about him after the press conference because he seemed fired up and talked discipline, which the Raiders haven't had much of in many years. I read somewhere he was up for the St. Louis job if Fisher would've gone to Miami. But with that said, i just hope the team can continue to get better and be competitive.

Comment

Working...
                        X