Was I wrong for saying something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I wrong for saying something

Ok recently I joined a site where you give stuff away for free. No Fees free shipping just plain free. I listed a bunch of cards. Figured since I can't trade them or sell them might as well give them away. Now all the cards I have listed have scans. But today I get this message:

"What is the condition of this card, really interested in it but I am very picky about condition"

Now my answer to that person was this:

"Well to me the condition is fine. But to someone picky like you say you are you may as well stay away. You will always find an issue with any card you get. And I rather not deal with a person like that. Remember you are getting this card for free and shipped to you for free. if you want a perfect card I would recommend buying a graded card off ebay. thanks for the look."

Now the card is fine no damage no bent corners etc... And there is a scan. But I was thinking to myself the card is Free. I am paying to ship it to you. I mean can you really expect a "PERFECT" card from heck Anywhere? Was I wrong for saying something?

PhotoBucket My Collections Site IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Is the site Listia. That's why I quit dealing there.
    Arizona Cardinals Autos
    Alabama Crimson Tide Autos
    Wrestling Autos
    Wrestling Relics

Comment

Originally posted by jaybarkerfan View Post
      I don't see anything wrong with that. Is the site Listia. That's why I quit dealing there.
      Yes it is.What problems did you have?

My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV.

Comment

Other members should be happy when another member is nice enough to offer cards for free. To be picky about that is sad. There are tons of members that will appreciate getting something for their PC for free.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
          Other members should be happy when another member is nice enough to offer cards for free. To be picky about that is sad. There are tons of members that will appreciate getting something for their PC for free.
          I know I would be happy if people sent me free cards for my Pc for sure.

Comment

People that complained about condition of cards on listia. And they were good condition.
            Arizona Cardinals Autos
            Wrestling Autos
            Wrestling Relics

Comment

Originally posted by jaybarkerfan View Post
              People that complained about condition of cards on listia. And they were good condition.
              You see I find that sad. The way I see it people are giving away their stuff for free. And shipping it to you for free. Can I honestly expect the items to be pristine? I mean sure if the cards were bent in half,torn, or was missing a corner then yeah ok I can see a complaint coming. That and there is a scan. A scan on a foiled card that would show defects right away. I would just be happy with the card. And if it was damaged I would just dump it. Its not costing me anything.

Comment

Personally, I would take anything for my PC for free. I would not care what condition it were in.

And if you gave a scan, a really bad bend or missing corner would show up on the scan.

Man, if you have any Red Sox, I would love them. I have GU with creases, and I could not care less. Sometimes it either take it with a crease, or don't have it in your PC. I prefer the latter.

You should give stuff away on here!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

And if I have anything you can use, please let me know.

I think I have a Chris Henry Auto in my bucket if you need it and have anything for it!

I also collect Patriots, Bruins and Celtics.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                  Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                  Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                  MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                  NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                  NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                  NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                  I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

I like the free part of the cards on Listia and to get some cards for my PC is a bonus. The only thing I don't like is receiving the cards in a white envelop with no soft sleeve or hard plastic.
                    Last edited by bakemeister52; 01-28-2012, 02:18 AM.
                    I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

That guy sounds like a real idiot. Free is great. You weren't wrong to say something.
                      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

it always amazes me that people complain about free. If its free who cares if it even has a crease. It did not cost you anything. I have seen similar things on other forums. People complaining about not getting their free stuff fast enough. i believe some of this is from younger people, not as experienced.

Comment

Nah you good bro a good many others would have been straight up rude in their response.

Comment

Kodos to you for your generosity!

I think anyone on this site would take freebies any day...reguardless of condition!!!......including me!!

Currently looking for:
                            Football: The Gronk!
                            Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
                            Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
                            + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
                            Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
                            http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Originally posted by azdbacks1998 View Post
                              Kodos to you for your generosity!

I think anyone on this site would take freebies any day...reguardless of condition!!!......including me!!

PM me your address
                              Arizona Cardinals Autos
                              Wrestling Autos
                              Wrestling Relics

Comment

Working...
                              X