Worst Vet Auto You Picked Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst Vet Auto You Picked Up

Alright so I know some of the card companies put retired/vet autos in every set so what was the worst you ever opened from a pack or a box?

I've actually been pretty lucky opening packs and avoiding vet/retired player autos. Off the top of my head the only ones I personally opened were all from Playoff Contenders last year, they were Legendary Contenders of Jim Plunkett and Joe Namath. Other than that I pretty much steered clear of vet autos, which I'm personally thankful for.

I seen buddies of mine get people like Marques Colston, Santonio Holmes and Priest Holmes.
    my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Personally, usually I'd rather get "Vet auto's" than "draft/prospect auto's". The reason I say that is that MANY draftees/prospects NEVER make it to the "BIG", and I'd rather have auto's of those who made it than those who didn't. By the way, I think you did well pulling Plunkett and Namath.

Have a good evening.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Originally posted by OriolesFan View Post
      By the way, I think you did well pulling Plunkett and Namath.

Have a good evening.

Believe me when I say getting the Namath was more or less the reason why I caught a fever for more Playoff Contenders all season long. The Plunkett I was happy with to, but I think the Namath was short printed to 25 or was it 15 I forget exactly but I was ecstatic.

And I know what you're saying about vets over no name rookies, I just think people like Priest Holmes, Wayne Chrebet and the such, people that have names but will never ever sniff the HOF are really mediocre and I'd rather pick up a rookie that could have a great future over someone that had a decent career.
      my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

Yeah, I usually prefer a vet instead of some 5th rd pick that barely plays..

I got a James Starks auto last year that I wasn't too thrilled with, but that was mostly because he is a Packer..

Comment

Working...
        X