It Comes Down To Picking One....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Comes Down To Picking One....

Well the rumors are that Victor Cruz wants to get paid. Problem is if the Giants pay Cruz what he wants they will most likely have to let Mario Manningham go into free agency this year.

So my question is this what would you do if you were the Giants GM? Sign Victor Cruz with a reasonable offer. Remind yourself though that Cruz is going into his third year. Not only that but his rookie year he didn't have a single reception. I'm not sure if he was even active during any game in 2010.

It really is a tough spot since Manningham is a FA this year. It would be a much easier decision if it was next year. Then you could just wait another year, see if Cruz can repeat and then take things from there. Manningham is not at all a great WR but who is to say Cruz isn't going to be a one year wonder. What does everyone else think?
    my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

If i'm the Giants I'm not paying Cruz. They have the power on him. The only thing he can do is sit out (and we know how that will end up). If the Giants want Manningham back i'd resign him.

Comment

you can;t knee jerk after one year on a guy. He was so awful in camp they almost cut him. Lets see him come back after the Superbowl in shape and do it again then he gets a raise.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

I'm not sure of the Giants cap situation, but I believe that teams must pay 90% of the cap for the 2013 season. Maybe, this doesn't matter in the Giants situation, but it's something to think about. If I remember correctly, Cruz had a big preseason in 2010 and then got hurt. He seems talented, but it's obvious that he is helped out by the rest of the talent, especially in the wr corps. Keeping Manningham would be very beneficial, but again, I don't anything about the Giants' cap space. They definitely need help at lb and in the secondary. I like Akamura, but he needs to grow a bit.
        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

well the one site I looked up cap space said the Giants are over the cap already by a million and a half. Not only that but they have Aaron Ross who is a free agent. Along I think with Usi, but I think he still has a year on his contract but still wants to get a contract done.
          my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

Working...
          X