Just In-Hines Ward To Be Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just In-Hines Ward To Be Released

Sad to see him leave but business is business.

We had a conversation today with Hines Ward and informed him that we plan to release him of his contract prior to the start of the 2012 NFL calendar year,” Steelers President Art Rooney II told the team’s website, Steelers.com. “Hines has been an integral part of our success since we drafted him in 1998 and we will forever be grateful for what he has helped us achieve. He has meant so much to this organization, both on and off the field, and we appreciate his efforts over the past 14 years. Hines’ accomplishments are numerous, and he will always be thought of as one of the all-time great Steelers. We wish him nothing but the best.”

Hines Ward to Be Released -- Details Here

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Holy crap!
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Its a shame, but its not really all that surprising.
      my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

what the hell are they thinking?this sucks!!!!

Comment

they are strapped against the cap and need to find Wallace money.

Comment

i thought they were restructuring ben's contract to keep wallace?

Comment

Wouldn't Hines redo his also?
              http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

you would think so?

Comment

Originally posted by ronpage69 View Post
                  i thought they were restructuring ben's contract to keep wallace?
                  Still not enough. They still have other guys as well. Like a backup QB etc..He was expendable. Really no room for him and he was not gonna play at league min

Comment

Yeah there is no way you can pay your 3rd, most likely your fourth the amount of money Ward had on his contract, or even a little less. Sad fact is I'm not sure where he'll be that high on a depth chart where he'll commend the money he probably wants.
                    my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

I guess Franco in a Seachickens uni will not be my worst steeler legend visual

Comment

They need a lot of cap space and although Ward has been a really good player, he is clearly on the downside of his career. This shouldn't be a surprise and I'm sure that even if Ward wasn't expecting this, he certainly knew it was a possibility. If he is healthy, he'll have opportunities elsewhere, but it will definitely be in a supporting role. Even as a Browns fan, I wish him the best. He wasn't an immensely talented player, but I wish the leaugue had more players like him. He has definitely given maximum effort and utilized all of his skills.
                        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

He needs to retire and the Steelers need to make more cap room
                          I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Wow... They are in bad shape salary cap wise, so I'm sure that played a big role in why they released him.
                            Mike Smeth, Owner

Comment

Wouldn't it be sickening if he went to the Ravens.

Comment

Working...
                              X