Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning...no longer a Colt

ESPN.com news services
    Peyton Manning's 14-year career as a member of the Indianapolis Colts is coming to an end.

Sources close to the team told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that the announcement will come at a news conference in Indianapolis on Wednesday with both Manning and owner Jim Irsay in attendance.

The decision to pass on the $28 million bonus owed Manning and not to pick up the four remaining years on his contract means Manning will become a free agent, and sources told Mortensen that he intends to continue to play.

The four-time league MVP missed the entire 2011 season after having his third neck surgery in 19 months, a fusion of two vertebrae. His doctors have medically cleared him to resume his career and Manning has increased his throwing regimen.

Several sources have told ESPN during the past month that Manning's throwing strength has dramatically improved as his nerves continue to regenerate following his latest neck surgery Sept. 8. Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed the single-level cervical fusion, has stated publicly that he has cleared Manning to resume his playing career.

Manning has broken all of Indianapolis' career records for quarterbacks and had never missed a start before last season. He's taken the Colts to the playoffs 11 times, captured seven AFC South titles in eight years, won two AFC championships, one Super Bowl title and a Super Bowl MVP Award.

The Colts have the No. 1 overall pick in April's draft and are likely to draft former Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck or former Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.
    Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

It's all Rob Lowe's fault if the Colts fans need to blame someone.
    my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

I'm shocked....just kidding

Comment

J E T S jets jets jets

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

wow hate it went down that way for him
          http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
          Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

If Joe Montana and Brett Favre can play somewhere else this should come as no surprise. There is a great business decision for the franchise moving forward. Especially with the new cap restrictions

However I agree it is a shame it happened this way

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
              J E T S jets jets jets

No No No No No
              http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

CARDINALS!! Go west, not so young man!
                Arizona Cardinals Autos
                Alabama Crimson Tide Autos
                Wrestling Autos
                Wrestling Relics

Comment

Cardinals easy division and you have Fitzgerald to throw to. Or, Miami, decent team and Brandon Marshall. Besides I have 4 nice Mark Sanchez RC Autos, I don't want him going to NY.

Comment

It's going to be very interesting to see where he ends up. I'm looking forward to this.
                    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Its going to hard to see him in another uniform..but it is a business and a good move for both..

Comment

If Houston is willing to put aside Schaub, Houston is a great spot for him. Easy division, Great WR in Johnson, good running game, great defense. I think he could make the Texans the best team in the AFC.
                        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

During the press conference I felt as though they should have played Boyz II Men "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday".

I know everyone is saying he should go here and there and they'd be the best team, but really is anyone sure on how well he can physically play?
                          my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

let him come to my vikings woo hoo
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
                            I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

He is probably gonna take his talent to South Beach but, I would love to see him in a Cardinals uniform!
                              U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                              http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                              Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                              Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Working...
                              X