J-Stew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-Stew

The Panthers seem pretty stupid for signing Williams last year. They should look to move someone, since they have Tobert now. Goodson is decent, too.

Multiple team sources" tell the Charlotte Observer that Jonathan Stewart is "unlikely" to be traded despite the Panthers' addition of Mike Tolbert.
    The Panthers will face a tough decision when Stewart enters 2013 free agency, but for now they're poised to keep him along with DeAngelo Williams and Tolbert. Tolbert will likely shoulder some of the load on passing downs, and cover kicks on special teams. Stewart and Williams will be the primary backs. The Panthers could consider cutting Williams and re-signing Stewart next offseason, although releasing DeAngelo would cause a roughly $5 million cap hit in 2013.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

I'm not really high on Tolbert and why trade Stewart, why dump Williams? Every year Stewart and Williams both get injured periodically through the season, to me Tolbert is really just insurance for when that happens. And in my view Stewart and Williams are better than Tolbert.
    my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

I think Stewart would be outstanding if given a larger role. I believe he is a free agent after this season and I can't see the Panthers giving him a big contract, after the Williams deal. The whole situation seems a bit odd to me. I realize that veterans don't usually bring a lot of value in return, but I think they should explore their options.
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
      X