Dolphins extend Wake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins extend Wake

Dolphins signed RE Cameron Wake to a four-year, $49 million extension through 2016.
    $20 million is guaranteed. Wake sat out portions of OTAs while waiting for a raise on his $615,000 salary. The versatile 30-year-old was entering the final year of the four-year, $2.4 million deal he signed in 2009 after winning the CFL defensive player of the year award the previous two seasons. Pro Football Focus graded Wake as the league's best 3-4 outside linebacker in 2011. Since entering the big leagues three years ago, Wake has 28 sacks and four forced fumbles in 31 starts. He will convert to right defensive end in new coordinator Kevin Coyle's 4-3 defense, and shouldn't miss a beat.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitte

I'm surprised this happened. I was under the impression that Miami was too close to the salary cap limit and this would wait until next year. Nice move for Miami fans.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Well at least Miami has done one thing intelligent this offseason.
    Last edited by sportscardrage; 05-06-2012, 08:17 PM.
    my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

Agree!
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Yes the fins offseason has been interesting to observe. Not sure the team has improved. this move is great but man what a price tag. He is worth it thought.

Comment

Working...
        X