Should I say something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I say something?

Ok so I won this card for free on Listia. Some info on the site you give stuff away to earn points that you can use to get stuff you want. :
    2009 Topps Certified Auto & College Letter Patch of Cullen Harper
    Description read:
    2009 Topps Certified Autograph Issue College Letter Patch Cullen Harper Clemson Quarterback #LAP-CH #ed 52/80 mint, very great looking card
    got it today in a PWE no toploader or penny sleeve. Sandwiched inbetween 2 thin pieces of cardboard. Damaged. Should I say something?
    On the back there are indention marks where it looked like it went through the rollers at the post office.
    Last edited by GeorgehenryCollector; 05-10-2012, 02:15 PM.

PhotoBucket My Collections Site IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV.

I had that happen as well. Personally, since it was "free", I went ahead and gave the guy a positive feedback and then sent him a personal message telling him what happened.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Yeah, I like that approach also. Since the card was free, you really can't complain too much but I would let them know about the damage so that maybe in future contests they take better care of the cards they send.

Comment

Originally posted by cornwellfamily View Post
        Yeah, I like that approach also. Since the card was free, you really can't complain too much but I would let them know about the damage so that maybe in future contests they take better care of the cards they send.
        Oh it wasn't a contest. On that site you give away items to get points. You then use those points to bid on stuff you want.

My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV.

Comment

Then I think I would request my points back and send the card back if you could or see if the sender has a card of equal value that he could send as a replacement that your okay with.

Comment

I'd request my points back, as well. You are actually paying something for the card. It should have been shipped securely. I've only recently heard about that site and everyone has said bad things about it.
            Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Originally posted by whitney777 View Post
              I'd request my points back, as well. You are actually paying something for the card. It should have been shipped securely. I've only recently heard about that site and everyone has said bad things about it.
              And you know its not really the site that is bad its the Members.

Comment

I have used the site and has been good so for this just sounds like the person was cheep.
                I would try and get points back .Prob turn into a headache.
                Let me know what you may do with it could use it for a nameplate im working on .
                http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
                Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

That is why I put "free" in quotations. It is free, but at the same time, you have to give away stuff for free to get points - so it is like the old fashioned bartering system. I've gotten a lot of good stuff on that site as well as gotten rid of some old stuff. Going into it, I knew I would have to chalk up a few "loses" now and again, but as long as I didn't lose massive amounts of credits, I didn't really worry about it. I have been happy with the site.
                  Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                  Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                  Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I dont know squat about the site, checked it out once, but lost interest right away.

Its like the old saying about tattoos.....good tattos are'nt cheap, and cheap tattoos are'nt good!
                    Currently looking for:
                    Football: The Gronk!
                    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
                    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
                    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
                    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
                    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Originally posted by bobjah View Post
                      I have used the site and has been good so for this just sounds like the person was cheep.
                      I would try and get points back .Prob turn into a headache.
                      Let me know what you may do with it could use it for a nameplate im working on .
                      If you need it let me know. I will just try to find another H.

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
                      That is why I put "free" in quotations. It is free, but at the same time, you have to give away stuff for free to get points - so it is like the old fashioned bartering system. I've gotten a lot of good stuff on that site as well as gotten rid of some old stuff. Going into it, I knew I would have to chalk up a few "loses" now and again, but as long as I didn't lose massive amounts of credits, I didn't really worry about it. I have been happy with the site.
                      I have been happy too. When I first started I would send cards in Pwe. But they were usually base cards and I would send them in a penny sleeve and Loader. But then I got a bunch saying they didn't receive. So that whole PWE went out the Window FAST!

Comment

Working...
                      X