Ray Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Rice

According to the Chicago Tribune's Dan Pompei, "it is believed" that unsigned franchise player Ray Rice is seeking a contract worth $10 million annually.
    "And he is not likely to get it from the Ravens," Pompei wrote. Pompei has followed the Rice talks because fellow unsigned franchise player Matt Forte is in a similar situation with the team Pompei covers. $10 million a year would elevate Rice past Chris Johnson ($9.2M annually), and well beyond Arian Foster ($8.7M) and LeSean McCoy ($7.6M). He'd become the second highest paid running back in the league, behind only Adrian Peterson ($13.7M

Source: Chicago Tribune
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Not worth 10 mil
    I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported on NFL Live Wednesday that unsigned franchise player Ray Rice wants "Adrian Peterson money," and the Ravens are unwilling to pay it.
      "This holdout could end in training camp, if then," Sal Pal said. "... He wants Adrian Peterson money. He would like to have Chris Johnson money, which means about $30 million guaranteed. And I was told by a Ravens team official, a senior official, 'That is simply not going to happen.'" Paolantonio hinted that Rice could be headed for an extended holdout. He's had no recent contact with Ravens brass, and the sides appear to be far apart two months before camp.
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, the Ravens are in communication with unsigned franchise player Ray Rice.
        ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported Wednesday that the sides have not had contact, but La Canfora is more optimistic. "I think that one gets sorted out, I really do," La Canfora said. "They're talking, there's some constructive dialogue going on." Per La Canfora, "it's pretty clear" Rice will receive something between $20M and $25M guaranteed. La Canfora estimated that the contract will be worth $8.5M a year, with "$22 million, something like that, guaranteed."

Source: 1560 Houston

Comment

I agree not worth it!
          U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
          Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
          Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

He may not be worth it, but without him the offense will be so bad that even the defense can't keep them close enough. They might as well pay him because Reed and Lewis have two good years left in them so the window is closing for another title.

Comment

Working...
            X