Adrian Peterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Peterson

Percy Harvin revealed that Adrian Peterson (ACL, MCL, meniscus surgery) beat him twice in sprints up a steep hill on Wednesday.
    "He's amazing," Harvin said of Peterson. "I told him the other day I don't think he's human. Two weeks ago he beat a couple guys in a race. When I got here yesterday, I told them guys they should be embarrassed." Harvin was the one embarrassed on Wednesday. AP remains ahead of schedule in his rehab, and we're beginning to buy that he'll be ready for Opening Day. He's a freak

Source: Associated Press
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Adrian Peterson (ACL, MCL, meniscus surgery) remains "locked in" on aiming for a Week 1 return.
    "What I envision is to be suited up and ready to roll. Full strength," Peterson said. "Anything else? I would be cheating myself." AP struggles to "even entertain" the idea of not being ready for Week 1. One physical therapist overseeing AP's rehab says he "has a different protoplasm than the rest of the world." It's still hard to believe Peterson could be ready to play less than nine months removed from such a devastating injury, but he's perhaps the most impressive physical specimen in sports. He'll be the player to watch once training camps begin.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Coach Leslie Frazier suggested Tuesday that Adrian Peterson (ACL, MCL, meniscus surgery) is "on pace" and "optimistic" to play in the season opener.
      Frazier is still unsure about Peterson's availability for training camp. Even if he doesn't start camp on the PUP list, we fully expect Peterson to be eased into August practices. Now that the Vikings appear to be on-board with Peterson's Week 1 expectations, it's hard to remain skeptical that he is indeed an athletic marvel. Due to the complexity of the injury, however, a preseason setback certainly can't be ruled out.

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities

Comment

Adrian Peterson revealed to reporters Wednesday that he's now "wide open" when it comes to making cuts on his reconstructed left knee.
        "Wide open" means A.P. has opened it up and is making cuts as he pleases. While Peterson concedes he's still "rebuilding strength," he says the cutting is coming along "well" and his recovery remains tremendously ahead of schedule.

Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Comment

Tom Pelissero of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities believes it's "a given" that the Vikings will limit Adrian Peterson's (ACL, MCL, meniscus surgery) early-season workload if he's available for Week 1.
          Peterson's outlook does look good for Opening Day -- provided no training-camp setbacks -- but the Vikings' top beat writer believes Toby Gerhart is "in line to carry the load out of the gate." It sounds like Peterson's role could grow on a weekly basis if he shows his explosion and cutting ability are all the way back. There's also a chance that Peterson takes a while to rediscover his old burst. We're anxious to see him on the field in preseason games.

Source: ESPN 1500 Twin Cities

Comment

Coach Leslie Frazier confirmed that the Vikings envision limiting Adrian Peterson's early-season workload.
            "He's so valuable to our organization that we have to be smart. We'll tread lightly as far as Week 1 and how much he'll contribute on the field," said Frazier. "Even when we get to training camp, he's going to be chomping at the bit but we'll have to be smart." We're tentatively expecting Peterson to get the ceremonial opening-day start, even if he works in as a change of pace to Toby Gerhart for the first quarter of the season.

Source: USA Today

Comment

Working...
            X