Terrell Owens Gets $50 Severance, Threatens Lawsuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrell Owens Gets $50 Severance, Threatens Lawsuit

Terrell Owens gets $50 severance from Allen Wranglers, threatens lawsuit | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

If what TMZ reports is true, embattled Indoor Football League superstar Terrell Owens is getting ready to sue his former team, the Dallas-based Allen Wranglers, for wrongful termination. Once T.O. was booted from the team for alleged contract violations, the Wranglers took it a few steps further by insisting that Owens return the 2012 Jeep Cherokee he had been given, sending an eviction notice, and writing a check for the receiver's ownership share in the team ... which turned out to be for $50.

Owens, who refused to travel to Nebraska and Washington state for road games, really offended the team when he no-showed at a charity function at a local hospital. "It is not the desire of the Allen Wranglers' organization to disappoint fans by having our most notable player miss a scheduled appearance," said team president and co-owner Tommy Benizio.

Owens, who signed with the Wranglers in January, was hoping that he could springboard back to the NFL through this particular venture. In eight games, he caught 35 passes for 420 yards and 10 touchdowns, but those aren't exactly eye-popping stats in any indoor football league -- Jasonus Tillery of the Wyoming Cavalry leads the league with 79 catches for 1,011 yards and 26 touchdowns through 10 games. Maybe Tillery is the guy the NFL should be watching; we assume he doesn't come with T.O.'s history of headaches.

Where does this leave Owens? On the outside, with little opportunity to look in. It's time to think about "Plan B" in your life when you get cut by the Indoor Football League, and if Owens actually goes through with the idea of suing his most recent team, what possible incentive would any team at any level ever have to take a shot on him ever again?

its gotta be tough to be T.O.
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Hearing T.O.'s name, gives me pause to reflect back on all of his greatest plays. Like the time he celebrated a touchdown on the Dallas Cowboys star. Or when he pulled the sharpie out of his sock and signed an autograph after scoring a td. And there's always the fake cell phone calls and other BS.

Until now, I thought he had died from an overdose of his own ego but sadly he's just playing in the IFL.

Comment

I think it is pretty funny. Maybe he can use it at the local corner sleazy massage parlor I am sure his shoulders are tight from all the receptions

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Originally posted by whitney777 View Post
            We all have seen those billboards around

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Working...
            X