A Packer does good? Unbelievable!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Packer does good? Unbelievable!!!

GRAND CHUTE, Wis. -- The 12-year-old boy who lost a Donald Driver cleat to a woman who ripped it away now has plenty of Green Bay Packers memorabilia.

ESPN Playbook: Driver Rewards Fan
    ESPN Playbook caught up with 12-year-old Stephen Wagner, who had a cleat grabbed from him but ended up getting a nice surprise from Donald Driver. Blog

A video of Driver tossing his cleats into the crowd after a charity softball game in Grand Chute went viral on the Internet. Driver said he was trying to toss a cleat to Stephen Wagner, but Robyn Ereth wrestled it from the boy.

Wagner and Driver appeared on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Tuesday.

"I got my hands over it and she took it away from me and kind of walked away," Wagner told ESPN Playbook. "She kind of just said, 'That's mine.' "

So Driver turned to Twitter to find Wagner, arranged to meet him and greeted the boy with some autographed Packers gear, including a pair of cleats, a jersey and a baseball bat.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported that the bat was signed, "To my No. 1 fan and true hero."

"A lot of people wouldn't care who gets their cleat but he really tried to track me down, so that was really nice. Most pros wouldn't do that," Wagner told ESPN Playbook.

Driver also asked his Twitter followers to leave the woman who took the cleat from Wagner alone.

On Monday night, he tweeted: "Let's remember the woman who grabbed the cleat from Stephen is human. We all make mistakes. Stephen is happy and that's what matters most!"

Stephen's mom, Mary Wagner, said the woman in the video called to apologize. She explained she thought Driver was throwing the cleat to her.

"We told her that we didn't have any bad feelings toward her," Mary Wagner told the Journal Sentinel. "She offered to send the cleat back. She was wonderful."

In a statement released to Appleton Post-Crescent, Ereth said she "overreacted in the excitement of the moment."

Stephen Wagner said Ereth offered to give him the shoe back, but he felt she deserved to keep it after being subjected to so much negative publicity.

"She didn't know it was coming to me," Wagner said. "I just feel sorry that she's having a lot of mean things said to her."

Information from ESPN Playbook's Matt Lindner and The Associated Press was used in this report.

omg this lady has something wrong with her

Last edited by wheeler281; 06-05-2012, 04:21 PM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Here is another link to the story, Lady got stalked on facebook. She thought the cleat was intended for her lol riiiiiiiiiight..

She was getting ripped thats why she is sorry now. So weird the way she like stared down the kid to bully him

Donald Driver of Green Bay Packers rewards fan who had cleat ripped away - ESPN
      Last edited by wheeler281; 06-05-2012, 04:33 PM.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

That woman is a lying idiot. Driver continues to be a respectable guy.
        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Lady was greedy and the boy won out in the end!
          I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

Working...
          X